Any fish biting in jervis bay

possumms

Hay raiders, has anyone had any luck fishing JB of late

Thinking about heading down Monday with the boat in tow maybe some kings or snapper we hope

Thanks in advance guys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

middle Grounds and off the north head light house holds kings, middle grounds is located between both heads and holds all species when they are on..

Kings along the north Cliffs as well as snapper on the drop offs on sundown.

Myself and my brother just got back from a week down there. Weather was crap but we still persisted for the 9days there, fished middle ground, the tubes and along the north and south head for not a single run. We downrigged live slimeys all over the place for a big ZERO. Heaps of slimies at middle ground, and off Murray's Beach, but squid where very scarce. Couldnt buy a single squid!

After taking to a few of the locals at the pub a few 10kg kings have been bagged by those in the know but not many kings about yet. Water temp ranged from 18.4-19.2.

Dan

Fished down their last weekend - 72 take home fish in 4 days :-)

A few things:

• Couldn't raise a squid.
  • Flathead everywhere - especially south head
  • Snapper on middle ground
  • Loads of Kingies off Currarwong big bommy - mostly undersize, but a few off size. Wouldn't tough a live bait (slimy or livie), but would take dead bait - fish, prawn, squid ect. Old and frozen. Couldn't understand why.

Have fun.

Mike

Fished today wasn't to bad no kings but they are there.water nice but a bit cold.squid where on got 15 between the two of us in just as many minutes but just to impatient to catch a king so moved on.wouldnt touch the live squid but had a couple hits on squid rings.its just a matter of time always next weekend.goodluck all,,,

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys im new here in regards to kings a lot around 55-60 cm... 1 guy at the boat ramp had a 1 they recon was 15 kilo it was very fat caught along the cliff at jb live yellow tail down under a bait ball around midday.. so he said but u could never know maybe just a bum steer to keep us away.... I know they are about but recon u just got to be Johnny on the spot they can be anywhere they did have a down rigger onboard 24 kilo stand up rod 100pound jinkki leader ..

im heading dowm

n Friday cant wait

d