Went for carp.... got me a cheetah of the lake....

shak4g63

So I've bee in hibernation for a while.......but managed to get some fishing time in.

Im a sydney saltwater fisho who moved to the ACT .....so I had to try out some fresh water species. You could say im a fish out of water(excuse the pun) but all the knowlede I gained from my experiences and a wealth of knowledge from this forum translated into a big surprise for me.

So I hit up the local tackle stores for the clues and some freshwater lures. Spinners hard bodies etc and thought id start of with carp and some natives.

So after work I headed down to fishy looking urban sprawl.

As I was tossing hb's and spinner baits around.... my bait rod goes whack whack. .....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz woah. Is that what carp sounds like thats a steam train in 6lb braid and 8lb leader...... what a fight.... left .....right then straight for a weeds poking out of the water gently and luckily coaxed it out into the open holy...shit its a murray cod a fat one too....went 63cm and around the 3 kg mark luckily some lads had a landing net..they were quite impressed and said that a bloody good first catch for a murray cod. One of most beautiful fresh water ever... fish green yellow cheetah like markings... so wow I was stoked.......

:D:D:D:D:D:D

post-22286-13856409400148_thumb.jpg

post-22286-13856410336168_thumb.jpg

It was a bloody good feed..............

post-22286-13856413102049_thumb.jpg

Of steak for dinner.... I released her what an awesome fish and awesome fight....carp dont fight that bad after all.....

Tight lines!, Shakeel

post-22286-13856411050076_thumb.jpg

post-22286-13856411449076_thumb.jpg

They are a manificent fish.. just be carefull, they get addictive.

Keep in mind that it is currently a closed season on Cod till the 1st december.

yeah they are a beaut fish...im already hooked I got onto another one similar size but it busted off my 6lb leader....I didnt have a net that day...

Tight lines!, Shakeel