Beach Session

Tulz

Hit the beach this morning for a couple of hours. High tide was just before 9am and it was around the 1.9m mark so I thought it might be worth a shot.

Wasn't much happening until half hour before the high when my rod goes off. It felt like a Sambo and this was confirmed when it decided to put on a bit of an aerial show. Unfortunately on one jump the hooks came free.

Then right on the top of the tide I see tap tap tap and bang the rod buckles over. Line starts peeling off and I'm hoping it's my target species. Set the hooks (or so I thought)and more line peels off and then I feel some nice head shakes which has me thinking Jewie. I take a couple of winds and then nothing. I wind the line in fuming. Not sure if the it spat the bait or the hooks were too small. I'm thinking the latter as I had 2 6'0s on my snelled rig.

Regardless of the doughnut it was still a good morning to be on the sand.

Unlucky mate, I know how you feel!

Yeah the wind started to blow quite early here. I'm loving my beach fishing at the moment. It can be tough going at times but the rewards are there with persistance.

What baits Tulz? I hit the hightide yesterday on squid on 2 rods and didnt get a touch in 3 hours,not even nibbles of the pest species or crabs.