Around the Central Coast

Gatte

Hi all,

Just thought if update some of the last weeks activities and fish bagged.

Have been trying the beaches recently with a good mix. My local at avoca has turned out 4 flathead, all small around the 30cm mark, a good Taylor and bream.

Also got completely smoked here one night, about 15 mins after the tide change was when the bite fired up. Would love to know what took my gear the other night :(

Found nothing but stingrays over at Norah Head, saw one about the size of a family car in the shallows down here too! Was amazing to watch it cruising through the clear water.

Also went and saw some old friends on at Hubert Island and spent the afternoon pumping yabbies and fishing in the backyard. Found some nice Sole and Whiting.

Mixed it up last night and tried some brisbane water estuary fishing with two good bream, the biggest of which gave 40cm a nudge.

Unfortunately this is the only photo of the last couple of weeks but it was the only with any size and came home for the plate.

Here comes summer. Can't wait for some more good fish to come ashore!

Gatte4uma6etu.jpgs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Gatts

Yeah those small fish I caught off the beach all chewed away at a pilchard on a gang hook while I was looking for salmon. Hoping to bring up a nice mulloway soon so will probably battle a few of those flatties again soon.

Edited by Gatts

Nice catch. You don't have to give me your spot but curious about where you got the bream was it near the mouth or past the bridge.

Hey mate. Fished woy woy bridge with a pilchard tail for the bream. Fished the run out tide near the stairs and floated the bait from the traffic pylon and hooked up just under the pedestrian bridge.

Gatts

Nice report mate. There is some nice whiting on North Entrance Beach during the day, beach worms are the go. They are also getting Whiting at night inside at The Entrance and on dusk at the run to the sea.

Plenty of Flathead at The Entrance from boats, not a lot of size to them all around the 40 cm mark, soft plastics or bait.

Cheers Steve

Thanks Steve,

Might shoot you a message one arvo for a beach session or entrance flats.

Heaps of fish around at the moment. Catching all the other species and non of the ones I'm actually targeting.

At least it's not quiet.

Will have another weeks report to add soon.

Gatts