whiting Central Coast

SMn

The whiting have been firing the last few days off the beach. Needed to test out my Alvey 555te light rod matched to my 625b reel. What a top combo these have turned out to be! Started off with 2 small dart and undersized whiting before it really picked up! Used fresh beach worms and almost as every cast hit the water I was reeling back in with a fish on. The guy next to me (thanks for the worms Bryce!) Was absolutely smashing it!

post-24928-0-44172000-1386329781_thumb.jpg

Threw back a few smaller ones, biggest went 39cm, very happy! Hope you all have a great weekend!

post-24928-0-88231300-1386329967_thumb.jpg

Edited the size the plastic ruler I used had snapped the 1st couple of centimeters off, didn't realise till this morning, anyway still stoked!

Edited by SMn

Thanks mate, 1st time taking a light approach to the surf, just as fun as wrestling salmon and a lot more taste bud friendly... hahaha.

Too true I have been chasing the little fellas of late, loads of whiting and the odd flaty around. It is a lot more productive than chasing the big boys sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awesome catch mate! how big was the rod you were using?

I was using a 10'6 Alvey 555TE telescopic rod, 3-5kg light surf/estuary rod... usually I use a big old butterworth or 2 piece 14' and 13'6 rods. This rod performed much better for this species hahaha.

Edited by SMn

Too true I have been chasing the little fellas of late, loads of whiting and the odd flaty around. It is a lot more productive than chasing the big boys sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah sure is good fun! The bloke fishing next to me scored a nice flattie on his last cast.