Central Coast Morning Session

SMn

G'day all,

Hit up the rising tide early this morning and it paid off with a nice mixed bag. Took down the two telescopic Alvey rods again this morning and had a ball!

post-24928-0-17786500-1386974407_thumb.jpg

Cast the heavy rod out with 650A5 reel and a whole small squid and let it sit out far in the gutter, while I rigged and casted the light rod and reel. Still getting used to a two rod set up as I usually only take the one, but starting to get the hang of it. As soon as the worm hit the water I scored a nice whiting which went in the bag for lunch. Then as the sun started to come up a great little bream which went back after a quick pic...

post-24928-0-49750300-1386974507_thumb.jpg

Followed by a shovel nosed shark on the heavy outfit. Thought I had a clump of seaweed until a few little head shakes at the shore break. The 650A5 reliable as always and rod handled it very well! Released it back in the surf...

post-24928-0-02249000-1386974692_thumb.jpg

Next up was a small flattie on the light gear, again on worm bait...

post-24928-0-90254500-1386974731_thumb.jpg

The little bugger spiked me as I was letting him go!

post-24928-0-89472900-1386974765_thumb.jpg

Then I had a good run on the light gear and there was a bit of weight on the end, thought maybe a salmon but didn't jump, after a good little fight at the shore break a beaut trevally was on the sand. Super fat and a top battle on the light gear.

post-24928-0-88898500-1386975038_thumb.jpg

After that the bite went quiet and I managed to drag myself away! Hahaha was a great morning session... Felt great to be out on the sand and always enjoy using the Alveys. A last pic of the keepers before I cleaned them up, Christmas party BBQ lunch today taken care of!

post-24928-0-56080500-1386975214_thumb.jpg

Have a great weekend!

Great catches man! That makes me want to try the beaches again after couple of months on the rocks and the lakes.

For the two rod, you might be doing it already, but thread the line while the rods are collapsed, it's much easier. Then expand the rods starting from the tip making sure the 2nd guide is properly fitted, that one might be a rebel from time to time after a cast.

Huy

Cheers mate! Yeah I have been and your right makes rigging up a lot easier when collapsed. Every 5-6 casts that second guide from the tip likes to move, but with the Alveys I just lay them on the sand and a quick twist, dunk the reel in the water if need be and away I go...

I can't be even bothered now with that second guide. I do my best during setup and if it still moved then let it be. Haha it will move back during the fight by the line tension between first and third guide.

The corona was for the fish, good burley :-D lol

a bit of fun in the early morn, looks like north end of Terrigal near the lagoon entrance, good around there , nice fish mate and hope you enjoyed that Corona for breakfast..

Spot on Ray R, I normally head further up Wamberal way but with the recent lagoon opening gave the opening a try. Paid off this morning! Enjoy your reports as Kinny, Avoca and Tezza are my local stomping grounds. Beach worms are the key!

Hahaha as for the Corona, I played taxi driver for the work Christmas party last night, so some light refreshment was required in the early morning; you know just to get everything balanced out hahaha...

I can't be even bothered now with that second guide. I do my best during setup and if it still moved then let it be. Haha it will move back during the fight by the line tension between first and third guide.The corona was for the fish, good burley :-D lol

Yeah that's same deal I reckon after a few more sessions with the rod I'll just let it be. You're right the beer was for burley, in a sense if it wasn't there neither would be my bait hahaha... been a long week and that was my couple of hours of me time well spent!

The guy that gave them to me was from the Entrance so I guess that's where he got them. There's a small tackle shop/servo at Empire Bay that sells them live, but have never been there, so I guess the Broad Water must have them as well.