Downrigger

wish2fish

I bought an Oceans Marine rigger that is easily removable, has a strong good length boom and is made from a corrosion proof material. it also has a counter that lets you check what depth the bomb is at.

Suggest you Google the name and then compare features and prices with the one on Ebay. As I recall the price was more than the one on Ebay but still very reasonable when compared against the big name units.

Good Luck

Cheers

Paikea

• 2 weeks later...

Got my down rigger in the mail yesterday. I must say I am every impressed with the quality. Can't wait to put it to good use. Only disappointing thing though is the depth counter is in feet and it's counts backwards as you let line out and forwards when you reel line in. MV did tours come with the same counter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Aussie007

Got my down rigger in the mail yesterday. I must say I am every impressed with the quality. Can't wait to put it to good use. Only disappointing thing though is the depth counter is in feet and it's counts backwards as you let line out and forwards when you reel line in. MV did tours come with the same counter?

downriggers should start at 0 as u lower the bomb it'll read 10 foot than as u reel it up the number will decrease untill back to 0 remember to zero out the meter with the bomb at water level so u get an accurate depth

the joy of buying USA downriggers is there in imperial and we use metric, if u can get your head around it just set your fish finder to imperial to match the DR

Yeah mate, it's a solid unit. No plastic what so ever. It's bigger than I expected with its long boom. Looks indestructible. I was contemplating getting another one but I don't think I would ever wear this one out.

As for the counter, maybe contact the seller and ask if there is an option to chose the one in metres instead of feet. But honestly counters are cheap and readily available at most tackle stores.

Overall I have been looking at down riggers for over a year now and always check different tackle stores and search online. This one was best value for money as it came with everything but the bomb. It even came with the attachment to sit it in the existing rod holder in the boat.

It's five stars from me! (Keep in mind I haven't used it yet).

If you end up getting one let me kno your thoughts.

Guest Aussie007

i just went and searched that downrigger, it lookes like u need to use two hands to use it thats a downside when your onto the kings

cannon and scotty are one hand operated other hand on the rod

Guest Aussie007

Believe it or not I looked for them on ebay today and cant find the bloody thing. Didyou get the last one or do you know where else to get them. Would you have the contact for the site to ask?

open up the picture in the first post, look at the bottom right of the picture for the auction number, goto the web site and type in this number now click "completed listings" on the left

Marto,

I remember when I last looked at the item listing it said there were only 3 left. I have seen these on ebay for over a year. Since writing about it here others have possibly decided to buy it. The brand is "MAXEL". Try googling it and see if you can find another supplier.

Good luck.

Edited by wish2fish

Guest Aussie007

Hey, even the photo in the first post says limited quantity left!

when i checked the auction they had 9 in stock and all had been sold, why u would want that model i donno much better plastic downriggers out there mine gets chucked around the shed every so often and hasnt broken yet, had it for years now