Botany Bay Big Flatty

tinny1

Hey Raiders , been out of the loop for a while but managed to get out on the bay Friday and got a nice 67.5cm flatty ( released ) plus another 2 smaller ones around 47cm which i kept .She put up a pretty good fight as you can see on the video , got them all on my usual rig 4" Gulp watermelon worm 6lb braid 10lb flourocarbon leader

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5aQI_R-TS8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUf3IZbKJhs2LAwu7_jOyiIA

Nice fish there.

I don't mean to be a killjoy but can I respectfully suggest that you invest in a pair of suitable gloves so that you can put your thumb in the mouth and get a jaw grip of fish that are to be released. Supporting themwith the other hand while you gently swim them boatside will greatly improve their chances of survival when compared to holding them around the gill area.

point taken on the gloves , and yes it was a good fight made all the more diificult getting blown into the wharf but patience was the key in this little battle , hopefully some good snapper footage when we hit the reefs off Old Bar at xmas cheers and "Merry Xmas to all Raiders " Mark