Port Stephens

saintdylan

Gday scratchie. I agree. I was at tomaree heads at sunrise today. Slimies and yakkas a plenty. Hooked up literally within 3 seconds of dropping rig into water. Bait every cast from then on. Flicked metals for pelagic. Nothing. Lost focus for the rest of the day going from jew holes to breaming to flathead to whatever legal but came home with zero. 8 hours on the water for 0

Gday scratchie. I agree. I was at tomaree heads at sunrise today. Slimies and yakkas a plenty. Hooked up literally within 3 seconds of dropping rig into water. Bait every cast from then on. Flicked metals for pelagic. Nothing. Lost focus for the rest of the day going from jew holes to breaming to flathead to whatever legal but came home with zero. 8 hours on the water for 0

That's great, I haven't lost my mojo! No sorry, that's not great.

It was a very disappointing end to a beautiful morning on the water! The water temp was only reading 21.7, maybe the reason for no pelagics! Had something big follow my stick bait up at Broughton but not much else.

I'm deleting my fishing almanac app- it said 100% for today! I did manage a nice bream but released it as it wasn't what I was targeting!

Ha ha. I know what you mean. I wish I brought home a bream. Kids are teasing me for being a terrible fisherman. Don't worry, I have plenty of time to mould them. Mwa ha ha

If you want to get the kids onto a few whiting etc. Wanda headland or corlette side of the anchorage but make sure you stay in 3-6m of water. Small running sinker, 40cm leader, small long shank and prawn! You can't miss!

If you want to get the kids onto a few whiting etc. Wanda headland or corlette side of the anchorage but make sure you stay in 3-6m of water. Small running sinker, 40cm leader, small long shank and prawn! You can't miss!

Thanks for the tip but I'm not quite sure which is Wanda headland. Is the next point east of corlette marina? Also I don't have my own boat so I'm land based with the kids. I really should get onto that boat license...

Thanks for the tip but I'm not quite sure which is Wanda headland. Is the next point east of corlette marina? Also I don't have my own boat so I'm land based with the kids. I really should get onto that boat license...

Land based. Get up at 5 in the morning and go down to Nelson Bay breakwall. There's been kings and salmon busting up everywhere at the end of the breakwall for the past few days. You can access Wanda Headland from foreshore drive (cook street) in Corlette. Or go out to Taylor's beach on a rising tide for whiting and flathead.

Good luck

Cheers Scratchie!!!

Land based. Get up at 5 in the morning and go down to Nelson Bay breakwall. There's been kings and salmon busting up everywhere at the end of the breakwall for the past few days. You can access Wanda Headland from foreshore drive (cook street) in Corlette. Or go out to Taylor's beach on a rising tide for whiting and flathead.

Good luck

Cheers Scratchie!!!

Thanks again for the above.

Hi Scratchie, I too would love some advice. I just arrived in Anna bay today and I have my little car topper with me. I'm looking at fishing around Taylor's beach area with the kids for some bream, flattys, etc or whatever goes. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pm sent

Managed to get the Tinny in the water just once for a few hours with the kids. Nothing to report though. Just a couple of shovel nose sharks and a pretty big puffer fish. I've never seen one that big. The young fella can't sit still long enough and has a motor mouth that doesn't stop so I guess the fish could hear us coming. Still quality time with the family though. Thanks for the tips Scratchie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem mate. Maybe try a few of those spots when you get a chance solo! Or just give me a call.

How good is this post?

People unselfishly sharing fishing spots only seem to happen on this site which is what makes it so special.

And yes, a heartfelt Thank You to whoever provides the information is the very least that we can do.

Scratchie, if you ever get down to Cronulla and my boat is finally aok I would be happy to take you out to show you and fish Port hacking or Botany Bay.

Cheers

Paikea

How good is this post?

People unselfishly sharing fishing spots only seem to happen on this site which is what makes it so special.

And yes, a heartfelt Thank You to whoever provides the information is the very least that we can do.

Scratchie, if you ever get down to Cronulla and my boat is finally aok I would be happy to take you out to show you and fish Port hacking or Botany Bay.

Cheers

Paikea

Thanks paikea! That would be gold. I love sharing info in the hope that someone catches that fish of a lifetime and if I could play some part in that, that's great!

Hi Scratchie, taking the family up early Feb to Nelson Bay, boys love to catch flatties and whiting, any advice for a land based fishing that's safe for young kids? Staying up at Mantra for a few days. I'm keen on pumping nippers and flicking SP's.

Cheers

Mrcast

Hi Scratchie, taking the family up early Feb to Nelson Bay, boys love to catch flatties and whiting, any advice for a land based fishing that's safe for young kids? Staying up at Mantra for a few days. I'm keen on pumping nippers and flicking SP's.

Cheers

Mrcast

I noticed this is your first post. Welcome to FR! I have provided many reports for ps area, all you need to do is use the search function on this site and type in port stephens! There will be heaps of info for you!

Cheers scratchie!!!