Jackson kayaks

Kingfish1999

• 2 weeks later...

yes mate, I have had one for about 12 months now...very good yaks, very comfy seats...plenty of storage, very stable with the seat in the low position...slightly less so in the high position if a beginner...track well with the rudder, reasonably quick. I think if I had the choice again however I might have gone for a pedal drive option...maybe a native mariner as the ability to fish hands free while holding yourself in the current via pedal power is nice...with the cuda 12 the installation of an anchor trolly system is a must...but that is the case with all none pedal drive yaks and not a cuda specific issue, its a great allround yak. They market it as a stand up and fish yak...do-able, I stood up in it first time and I was a complete beginner but I wouldn't want to fish from it like that as it is pretty wobbly while standing...unless your seriously pro...I installed the hoby sidekick outriggers for stand up fishing and then its fine. The hull is also light enough to easily be handled by one person and carried down banks, put on the car roof etc etc...well I say easily, still a pain on the arse cos your carrying a 12 foot canoe...but you know what I mean, very do-able.

Edited by Longfish