Help needed please botany bay ramp

lukeric

Hi all, I will be hopefully going for a fish off Sydney this holiday season, I will be coming from Wollongong and wanting to fish Browns/shelf.

Would the best ramp to use from my direction be Boona Point/Silver Beach Kurnell?

It looks to be a good ramp

Any input please.

Guest Aussie007

i agree the botany ramp is good a little busy in summer but the security isnt all that great, one time i found a bow an arrow sitting right near the cleaning tables god know what that was sitting there for? it was ready to load also it was handed in to security and they looked back on the security cameras to see who left it there

and a couple times in a row someone lifted the trailer off the tow ball happened both times within a week about a month and a half to two months ago, we couldnt have left it up for the 45min drive to the bay it would have lifted as we drove the boat off the trailer

Thanks for the reply, is the foreshore dr ramp the one on the north side of the bay near Caltex refinery?

yeah mate thats it but if your coming from the gong maybe the hole in the wall which is at the end of hawkesbury esp or the dolans bay ramp in port hacking might suit better.

http://www.sutherlandshire.nsw.gov.au/Recreation/Boat_Ramps/Hawkesbury_Park_Boat_Ramp_Pontoon_Sylvania_Waters

Edited by kikila

Kurnel is not good when trying to retreive at low tide , especially for larger boats.

However , if retrieving around 2/3 hours each side of high tide then it's OK.

This photo was taken at dead low tide.

post-731-0-96566800-1387748601_thumb.jpg

Geoff

Wally's Wharf, which is the Dolans Bay ramp mentioned above.

Less driving for you, your also out into the open water in about 10 minutes. Jibbon Bombie, fishes well for kings, the South Fad fishes well, and doesn't tend to get as much traffic as others.

The Ramp itself has a very steep hill to reverse down, which tends to put a lot of people off

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Guest Aussie007

Avoid Kurnell and Foreshore like the plague mate. Use Wallys Wharf.

it'll keep u fit when u have to park half a km up the road and around the bend lol

There is a good ramp in Yowie Bay, good parking, a wharf to tie up to and not to steep. A bit further to travel but not that much.

Another good ramp is at Water Street, Burraneer Bay. But you have to get there early as very limited parking.

Good luck

Cheers

Paikea