Sydney Kings - Sunday December 22nd

kingiemaster

Went out in the boat on Sunday morning looking for Kings

For various reasons, including birth of baby boy and a dislocated shoulder, this was only the second time I've been out this season.

Got six or seven arrow squid in the tank by 7:30 and then went looking for Kings.

Started with downrigging around the Spit. Spoke to some guys in yaks that had only caught a rat each so headed for the main harbour.

Got a rat at the wedding cake under the noses of 3 other boats not turning a reel.

Nothing at the other markers. Went to the carpark at Old Mans Hat and saw a client of charter boat bring a fish of about metre. Spoke to Greg (Dan and Greg) and he said he'd caught some but didn't elaborate. Saw another boat downrigging bring in a rat but otherwise quiet.

Tried a few other spots before going back to the Spit for the last hour or so of the incoming. Got a couple of rats and one legal that went 72. Pulled the hooks on another that felt solid.

All caught downrigging past EXACTLY the same spot each time.

Using my hand as a thermometer the water seemed to be a couple of degrees warmer and nice a clear compared to only a couple of weeks ago when the water was cool and green and I couldn't find a King anywhere using exactly the same methods.

Cheers

KM