Sydney Harbour Fishing 30th Dec

Reggae

Hi All,

Just thought I would share a report on fishing in the harbour yesterday.

After dropping in at Roseville, I headed around to Balmoral island for some live bait. Squid were not to be found and the Yakka’s were extremely timid despite being in abundance. Had to get really close to the weed beds before they would actually start biting. After finally catching a few I headed around to Middle head, Obelisk Bay and it was pretty quiet (tried live yakka’s, pillies and cut squid). Picked up a few snapper but no keepers.

I ended up heading over to Rose bay to see if the other side of the harbour was any better, but that was pretty quiet too (just small snapper) After the wind started to pick up I decided to head back to the Spit (stopping off at Chinaman’s beach to throw some soft plastics) but again all pretty quiet. Eventually ended up working soft plastics all the way around the shoreline from the Manly Spit bridge to Crag cove and managed to pick up some small snapper and some bream which all went back. After calling it a day… I decided to troll some metal slicer back to the boat ramp at Roseville and ended up picking up a tailor and slimy mackerel (both released).

It was pretty quiet in terms of big fish but plenty of little snapper around. Still had a good day and few laughs on the water.

Reggae.