Grays Point ramp flooded

Geoff

Arrived at G.P ramp this morning around 10.00am to do a bit of land based fishing with my 4 YO grandson to find this.

post-731-0-92480100-1388638005_thumb.jpg

post-731-0-04077700-1388638034_thumb.jpg

The water was about 8" deep at the top of the ramp

A short time after these were taken a guy arrived in a late model Commodore. He had no hesitation driving into the water to launch his boat. The water was lapping cills & about 1" below the bottom of the door. Glad it was not my car.

The other classic , a guy arrived with his family, launched his boat , brought it around to the beach area then 2 large gerry cans appeared. My first thought , they were going on a pichic & the cans were full of fresh water . WRONG!! It was petrol.

Now we have all seen some strange things at boat ramps but why a guy would launch his boat then proceed to fill up is beyond me.

Why not fill up on the way to the ramp or at least whilst the boat was on the trailer especialy when they decided to returned the empty cans to the car which was parked some distance from the ramp.

Fishing was very slow but the little bloke hooked onto a nice size Bream . He was stoked & after a few snaps we released it for another day.

Geoff

it's a 2.04 today and tomorrow PLUS we have a low pressure cell (ex tropical cyclone Christine remnants) around 995 central pressure so this will cause the high tide to be a bit higher again !!

Does low pressure help fishing or put fish off??

Jim...