Bonito Fishing Sydney

aeb870

Since July 2013, I have made the somewhat permanent move to Sydney because of work. The only time I have managed to wet a line since was when I was visiting my brother down in Melbourne.

Originally from Shellharbour, I was obsessed with targeting Bonito during summer using the skirted squid cast and retrieve technique that the locals around Port Kembla / Bass Point used.

Through this forum in the past, I have given advice to fishermen from Sydney that made the trip down to Port Kembla on the weekends targeting Bonito. Surely there are some decent Bonito spots around Sydney?

I know people are secretive about their spots, so dropping me a PM is fine or even pointing me in the general direction would be appreciated.

Are you talking land based? If so most of the deeper headlands around Sydney will produce bonnies when they're around. Just been a really slow start this year. This time last year they were in plague proportions and hung around until June. Looks like they're just starting to turn up now, with a few fish getting caught at the usual spots.. Which side of Sydney are you on?

Thanks for the quick responses. And yes, I am land based at the moment (just sold my boat). Haven't really had the time to try and explore deep waters off the rocks, I took a walk one day at Palm Beach while a work mate was chasing groper of the rocks there. Would be a big walk to do alone.

I live in Homebush Bay, and never mind driving anywhere to fish but when I am alone I prefer the shorter drives. When I get the chance might drive down to La Perouse and check it out.

Thanks for the quick responses. And yes, I am land based at the moment (just sold my boat). Haven't really had the time to try and explore deep waters off the rocks, I took a walk one day at Palm Beach while a work mate was chasing groper of the rocks there. Would be a big walk to do alone.

I live in Homebush Bay, and never mind driving anywhere to fish but when I am alone I prefer the shorter drives. When I get the chance might drive down to La Perouse and check it out.

Wouldn't be to bad on a Sunday morning

Posted Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey boss. Hate to nag but could I grab a more exact location for 'browns rock'? There is alot of rock at la perouse. Id be keen to find a good spot in sydney. Tend to find my self traveling for rock fishing.

Cheers

Posted Image

Drive down Henry head lane, when you can turn left pull to the left and park. Lock your car and get ready for a hike. Walk toward the golf course, you will see two roads, take the one on the right, follow to the end where you will walk on a bush track, beware of red belly black snakes sunning which I have personally seen, plus have heard reports of brown snakes. You will come to an opening in the track, follow the right toward browns rock, there will be a down hill track toward the spot. If you plan to go early morning when it's dark, there will be loads of spider webs around.

Great fishing spot.

Harry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No probs... And I forgot to mention there's a chance you will see some one eyed snakes wondering up from the beach a short distance away.

Harryy

They seem to come out this time of year don't they?

Cheers

Paikea