Removing Rego sticker on Perspex window

Perrotst

Hi all,

I've just taken off my rego sticker and after a year it has baked onto the window which means I had to use a small blade to peel off and scratched the living crap out of the window.

Just wondering if anyone has other suggestions on placing the sticker on Perspex windows so as to avoid more scratching next year.

Many thanks in advance.

Stav

Get yourself one of the clear rego label holders,2 magnets and some stick on felt discs(sold in hardwares).

Araldite 1 magnet to the label holder,stick on felt disc.

Stick on felt disk to second magnet,place rego holder on inside of windscreen with felt facing windscreen and put other magnet on the outside of windscreen.

No more scratches.

Cheers.

I sticky tape mine to the inside of the perspex. I leave the sticker attached to the backing (just cut

it out with scissors). Although you will have tape/ adhesive stuck to the perspex it is easily removed

with the help of methylated spirits).

Under no circumstances use acetone as it will attack perspex!

I use a hairdryer to heat the sticker which makes it much easier to remove. If I need to, I'll use a blade but make sure it is new so the sharp part is perfectly flat and be careful to only use the blade flat against the window and you will not scratch it. Use a proper blade holder they're cheap.

You don't need to go scraping the whole sticker either. Carefully scrape up a corner at a time, enough to grab with your fingers. Repeat if necessary.

Edited by Roylo

Eucalyptus oil is a very effective "soft" medium for removing a wide range of items/substances.

It was the only thing that successfully removed chewing gum from my girls hair when they were young. Also great for taking the patches glue of your chest when you have a cardiac test.

Cheers

Paikea

• 1 month later...