Dart like trevally thing? Idunno....(Dart)

krause

Question

photo-25620.jpg?_r=1388627682

Hi all, my mate caught one of these suckers on the sand the other day. Didnt have an original photo and couldnt fing one on google, so I stole Longfish's (fellow member) DP. Sorry mate, but cheers at the same time! :biggrinthumb: So what is it....? Been a while since catching something i couldnt id. Are they eadible? It was a very thin fish, not much meet there.

Cheers

6 answers to this question

Deffinatley. Dart. Very thin fish have a strong sweep/ trevally like smell......dark flesh. Any ways not my cup of tea fish dry out very quickly so bleed and ice straight away if you want to eat them. I usually find them when hunting for whiting from the beach. ....

Tight lines!, Shakeel

Hmmm... they are dart. Clearly what i thought were dart are not so. Next question then, what are the small diamond shaped fish that hugg rock shelves? I find them as a common by catch when trying to catch live bait from the stones. Small, diamond shaped, gun metal grey in colour.

Cheers

photo-25620.jpg?_r=1388627682

Hi all, my mate caught one of these suckers on the sand the other day. Didnt have an original photo and couldnt fing one on google, so I stole Longfish's (fellow member) DP. Sorry mate, but cheers at the same time! :biggrinthumb: So what is it....? Been a while since catching something i couldnt id. Are they eadible? It was a very thin fish, not much meet there.

Cheers

Definitely Darts. Caught three couple of weeks ago but didn't bleed well before brought home so put on the pan for two mins the house smells like a fish market... :mad3: Will use these guys for worm bait next time may be ...