Its a yak attack

diesel

So after my recent bass addiction and small adventures with scratchie and troutstalker, I decided to borrow my mates kayak (which i should have done along time ago) i think he has used it twice in two years.With work right on the river at the moment its hard watching the boats go up and down all day.

So i left extra early for work saturday morning,With yak on the ute was down at the boat ramp by five am (nepean),Thinking i would be the only there i drove down to the waters edge,Boy was i wrong there were people putting boats in left right and center even blokes fishing off the jetty.

Through in the yak and off i went with a small box of my favourite lurespost-10416-0-54688400-1389475273_thumb.jpg

Wasn't long before i had my first bass from a yak only small but never the less,Now i'm used to fishing land based so this is all new to me its quite hard trying to reach for plier's and brag mats and cameras, gotta take my hat off to all you yaka's out there.Caught about a dozen small bass around the 20 to 30 cm mark,then made the switch to my fav lure at the momentpost-10416-0-52234500-1389476143_thumb.jpg

Through it out and began the to retrieve WAK zzzzzzzz scared the crappers out of me,This thing was going hard and pulling the yak everywhere managed to pull it to the surface and i had my new pb bass im thinking at least 42 cm, scrabbling around for the camera and mat i lost here at the side.Tell you the truth it didn't really bother me now i know theres bass like that in there 5 min from the ramp.Fished for a bit after that for a couple more then looked at the time it was 6:30and i had to go to work time flies in the yak.

Anyway the yak lives on my ute now and hope my mate dosen't want it back anytime soon. post-10416-0-91769700-1389476924_thumb.jpg

G'day mate, keep the Yak LOL :-)

That lure hanging out of the gob of the Bass in your last pic is one of my all time favorites - River2Sea Buggi Pop. That green and amber color is my fav color and on my last trip used it exclusively and got fish up till midday off the surface. Very addictive casting into the shadows and getting it smacked off the surface :-)

42 is a great fish. I've been trying to crack 40 all season but 36 is my best so far.