Disgusting state of a harbour wharf

DanRob

Morning raiders!

This morning at south mosman wharf I was greeted with Pilly wrappers, plastic bags and a general filth from someone's previous nights fishing. To make matters worse there was a bin on the wharf. I wasn't the only one not impressed.

I am preaching to the converted posting this as I know most people on this site take a fair bit of pride in their fishing environment but if someone takes note of this I have achieved something.

So like others have suggested on this site, we should all lead by example and I picked up the wrappers and binned them. This is the only thing we can do in a situation like this otherwise the non fishing public will do their best to make sure all our great public wharves are closed to fishing.

Apologies for the rant,

Dan

Morning raiders!

This morning at south mosman wharf I was greeted with Pilly wrappers, plastic bags and a general filth from someone's previous nights fishing. To make matters worse there was a bin on the wharf. I wasn't the only one not impressed.

I am preaching to the converted posting this as I know most people on this site take a fair bit of pride in their fishing environment but if someone takes note of this I have achieved something.

So like others have suggested on this site, we should all lead by example and I picked up the wrappers and binned them. This is the only thing we can do in a situation like this otherwise the non fishing public will do their best to make sure all our great public wharves are closed to fishing.

Apologies for the rant,

Dan

The thing these dimwits fail to realise is when it gets to a point where the complaints are coming in to the council and the ferry service at a constant rate, they and we will loose these fishing spots. And not just one ferry warf, but if and when the decision is made it will be ALL the ferry wharves.

Harry

If it's to good to be true, it usually is...

I agree entirely with the OP- it is unacceptable and counter productive to all those who wish to fish- no better spot to learn as a kid in the city than off our wharves.

Also would like to add it is not just wharves however, Bass point is close to home for me and despite bins being provided there is always filth left, and it's very obviously from Fishos.

Clean up your act and don't ruin it for the majority.

My 2 bobs.

I fish from a boat only these days but still see the state of some of these Harbour wharves from the water when squidding. These scum bags leaving all their crap around are ruining it for the people that do the right thing. Its not only the wharves either, These types just chuck anything left over into the drink or leave it on the ground until the wind blows it in. A total wharf ban for a period of time would be a good start as they are just not getting it.

This thread is about lazy fishos. But is not just these people that leave crap everywhere. Whilst searching for my stolen property the other day in parks and waterways, it's not until you look really closely, I was amazed by the amount of rubbish disgarded. The best way is to lead by example because at the end of the day, we are all responsible for our environment!

Cheers scratchie!!!

This thread is about lazy fishos. But is not just these people that leave crap everywhere. Whilst searching for my stolen property the other day in parks and waterways, it's not until you look really closely, I was amazed by the amount of rubbish disgarded. The best way is to lead by example because at the end of the day, we are all responsible for our environment!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Spot on.

Harry

If it's to good to be true, it usually is...

Unfortunately, you have written the post in english, so most of the people that leave the rubbish behind wont read this......try arabic and put jewfish in the title. And by no means am I a racist, two of my best fishing mates are middle eastern.