Electric reel deep drop

Fin6

As the title suggests I am interested to talk about deep drop electric reel fishing. I would be particularly interested to hear from anyone that has used the banax kaigan 1000 and a Daiwa Tanacom 1000.

I am looking to get two electric reel set ups for deep dropping for blue eye. So far I have worked out that there is not much difference between a tanacom bull 1000 and a tanacom 1000 except for the colour and the jigging function so I am trying to work out any major differences between a banax and a Daiwa with out having to buy one of each and find out the hard way. I have had a play with the Daiwa and noticed it is made in Japan, not sure about the banax? When I have seen the Banax side by side I did think that the banax looked a bit bigger but that's about it.

Edited by Fin6

G'day

I've got a miah epoch x8hp and it's great. It has the jigging function but we haven't had any success with jigging so far. But it's a great reel and had no problems pulling up a double header of blue eye.

Cheers Leo

Yep I saw the miya epoch they look like a robust but of kit but out of my price range as I am after two not one. Also I am going to try them on a stand up broom stick to start with so will be holding the rods rather than sticking them in the rod holders

Has anyone had any issues with the swivel top tips jamming the braid? I have heard one bloke complain about that...my thoughts were if you made sure it was a good quality aftco swivel tip and didn't try and set the hook by jerking the rod it might not cause the jam up?

Also I am wondering if anyone has experience with the deep drop bent butt rods is a shorter 5'6 rod preferable to a 6'6 rod assuming sinker weight is around a kg?

• 2 weeks later...