Sunday fun day

Flickn Mad

Pulled up a tunks about 4am. Thanks to my jump starter my morning didn't end there.

Motored around to inside north head and thought I had better test my battery before heading outside. Shut down the 70 yammy and turned the key to hear a very energetic yammy jump to life in an instant.

trolled around north head to find it very quiet.

Pulled two cracken squid near bluenose when the fun began, a school of tiny kings buzzing my jig as it neared the boat.

I grabbed a light flick stick with 6 pound braid and belted out a 4 inch stick bait. Tried a fast burn for nothing. Second cast tried a fast burn with a dead stop every 5 meters second pause and bang the braid sliced into my index finger, What was I thinking.

Two little kings in three cast and I was happy as larry. Both fish around 40cm. I was thinking I could do this all day but the fish were gone.

The day was beautiful low swell no chop no wind and sunny.

Trolled around the headlands up to longy. Picked up a couple of big bonnies but not much else happening.

Saw plenty of undersize kings caught and a few not released.

my old man always said big bait big fish so I thought bugger it, the smallest bonnie went out as a livie and a squid head the size of my fist down deep for a slow troll.

The squid head had a good hit, plenty of weight then nothing, dam. Put the other squid head on but couldn't find another taker. Fished longy for about 2 hours for a big baker before pulling the pin.

Full throttle back to the harbour I noticed some bait skipping the surface near a line of froth leading from blue nose. I pulled up and started throwing a rooster popper to the area. cast after cast for nil, (typical fisho its home time and its one more cast then one more cast) on about my fifth 'last cast' I see a splash then nothing must have been the popper bloop. Bloop, Bloop, Belt im on. The fish goes hard and I start to think this could be a good fish. The thirty pound braid and stradic 6000 put an end to that, as soon as a I turned its head the fish did its best but to little affect, a nice little kingy just legal.

by now I am already past my eta I had given the cheese and kisses so home it is.

Fresh calamari and kingfish lovingly prepared for the family and inlaws put me back in the good books at home.

All up nothing realy noteworthy but still a hell of a day on the water.

Edited by Flickn Mad

Sound like an Awsum day out there . Glad to hear that the bonito's starting to appear more readily now . Haveing a great day in the water home for a nice feed life don't get ant better than that Well done ! Cheers. Oziodin