Castle Cove - How do I get down there?

joshot15

G'day Raiders, looking to head out for a bream reaping session this arvo and was looking at going to Castle Cove Middle Harbour. I have no idea how to get down to the waters edge! Ill be fishing landbased. Can anyone help me out?

Cheers

Josh.

Ended up hitting Roseville bridge for a yakka only. Will save the trip down to Castle Cove for the weekend I think. Heaps of nice bream at Roseville but they are too smart for me to catch, they were smashing my lure and swiping it but just would not eat it not matter what I threw at them.

Hey Sureangler I just seen your post, sorry mate. I ended up fishing around Fairlight then around spit bridge to get out of the wind. Again plenty of fish spotted but none playing ball. Tough going in the heat I tell you. How did you go? did you head down to Sugarloaf?

Went to apple tree bay instead with the girlfriend. fished off a strange rock on the north side past the bridge. Managed to get out lines stuck in all sorts of snags both in the water and the trees around us, then went down back to the bridge when we saw a bloke chuck the remains of his burley and bread in the water. Caught a few undersize bream and had leatherjackets following my lures and squid but that was all unfortunately. 6 hours = 6 fish. what bait were you using?

I just fish soft plastics around the harbour. Only managed a small snapper from near those house boat things on the south western side of the spit. The jackets showed up in big numbers there too, that's when I pulled the pin and went home. Its tough fishing when the NE is howling... might try sneak out for a cheeky cast this arvo down at burns bay.

You'll get them mate, you gotta persist. I took my mate 2 weeks ago and he got his first fish on a plastic (flathead) next day he went and bought himself a new rod reel and some lures and jig heads and is officially 'hooked' ended up landing 2 bream over the weekend at Roseville. You just gotta get your first one so you get confidence then you will be ok. You'll be stoked when you get your first one I promise!

• 11 months later...