Best Sambo Spot, Boat An Shore

Guest johblow

Guest johblow

Gday. I want to take advantage of these running salmon to get the girly a bit more into fishing. I wonder though, where is the spot to go. Have hooked a salmon down at Garie (yes, only hooked... so sad). But now that we have a boat im thinking that we ought to use it. Question is, harbour or up north. If harbour, middle or elsewhere?

Would love some suggestions.

Whats the minium size gear to catch a sambo from a boat. Could you do it on a bream rig? :-)

Gday. I want to take advantage of these running salmon to get the girly a bit more into fishing. I wonder though, where is the spot to go. Have hooked a salmon down at Garie (yes, only hooked... so sad). But now that we have a boat im thinking that we ought to use it. Question is, harbour or up north. If harbour, middle or elsewhere?

Would love some suggestions.

Whats the minium size gear to catch a sambo from a boat. Could you do it on a bream rig? :-)

63319[/snapback]

It's a hell of a lot of fun on bream gear, although your forearms get pretty tired. If you get a double hookup and you're both using bream gear it could get messy. Maybe around 4-5kg would be better. I'll leave it up to the other guys with tips on spots to fish from the boat (cos I have no idea).

99% of the salmon I've caught have been off the beach.

I agree with Chris. Salmon on bream gear are fantastic! :thumbup:

Botany Bay has salmon about the third runway and Molineux Point (although they're still pretty scarce at the moment). When the water warms a bit more, they can also be found along Foreshore Road. Well, not actually on the road....

They were schooling off North Head on Saturday.

There were a scrum on boats chasing them though so be prepared for a bit of argy bargy (not my idea of fishing though!!).

You'll bag the occasional Salmon bait fishing anyway. I've caught them on Pillies, Live Yakkas & fish baits both in the boat and off the beach.

Good Luck.

Guest johblow

Super. Im pumped!

My only hook up on a sambo was on garie beach with my beach rod. Man that was super cool. The feeling was amazing, this big rod bending over, like a bream rod bends. The bugger was jumping out of the water... then i broke him off. I was too excited. And I felt like a real pro there for a moment doing the drag with my palm on the alvey...!

Another time a mate caught one on a bream rod at breakfast time while we were on a houseboat adventure. That was funny. It literally went straight onto the barbie, and was quite ok. We didnt know what the hell it was at the time. We ate it off the barbie too. No plates required there!