Nice Flatty

AaronH

Got this nice flatty in Lake Macquarie drifting with bait over weed and cockles in about 2m of water. We did the same drift a heap of times without getting touched just occasionally hooking a lump of cockles or weed. Then my rod bent over in the holder and I picked it up and just felt weight and thought it was another lump of cockles, as I'm reeling it in and get it closer to the surface zzzzzzzzzzzz and I say to my mate ohh sh** it's a fish. A 5 minute fight and board the big girl, a couple quick pics and put her back to fight another day.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Haha no I've never seen one in there. I've only ever seen the occasional little bull shark. But I think I saw a seal in there about a month ago. We heard it blow air when it surface and turned around and saw the tail fin so not 100% sure it was a seal but pretty sure. So maybe the great whites follow the seals in?

very nice fat girl there mate, it sure if a thrill when you see how wide they are as they come to the surface.

Top fish, i love catching those big girls, they dont usually do to much until about halfway up then hold on!!!!!

That's exactly what I found on my recent pb flatty (just under the magic meter) I thought i hooked a big banjo shark or something until she saw the boat then she was having none of it and took a dive with her 3 boyfriends following her.