Anchor winch

locodave

• 2 weeks later...

I have just put a Winch on the front of my boat which now that I have found a loose terminal on the relay (my bad) have only used it once since the fix will say that is works well and stops the back breaking work of lifting 20m chain plus 15kg anchor and rope etc etc brand is Anchorlift. with a fixed switch on the helm and a remote switch that I use on the flybridge

hope this helps

David

locodave, on 20 Jan 2014 - 1:04 PM, said:

Who here has an anchor winch? What brand are you using and have you had any issues?

If you Google "anchor winches" there are heaps around in different configerations & sizes depending on the size of boat & the weight it is required to lift.

It is perhaps better to stay with the better know brands. On that note , South Pacific should definatly be on your shopping list.

Geoff

• 8 months later...

Gooday, have a 7 metre aluminium with a Muir 500, reliable, strong, have 20 metres chain, spliced onto 12mm white rope, works well, tip,how it comes onto the boat via the bow roller, make sure it wont jump over the lip of the roller, had to reduce the size of our roller to stop this, it doesnt have a "free fall" but works pretty quick, another tip, they don't recommend you have it direct from the winch for an over night, make sure you put a tie off to reduce the load on the winch, cheers joe