Favourite TV fishing show

Prawns

Whats your favourite fishing based tv show on at the moment?

Mines "River monsters" on ABC2 which has a guy generally going out whoop whoop all around the world to extremely remote places like the middle of Papua New Guinea or mongolia. In one episode recently a film crew member got hit by lightning!

They generally chase reports of "man eating fish" and things and give a bit of background on what they think they are chasing at the beginning of each show. They really are monster fish he lands! (all catch and release)

Close 2nd would be some of the "BCF Adventure TV" (7mate) episodes along with that wierd Pom on "Robsons extreme fishing challenges" on channel 10s HD channel (ONEHD)

A second vote for Adventure Bound on TVS. I think my favourite episode was the one where the host was fishing for kingfish close in to the cliffs south of Sydney, and EVERY fish he hooked roared off like a freight train and busted him off, I don't think he ended up boating anything.

Sadly, the host in the earlier episodes (Neil) died in a skindiving accident. He was great - no nonsense, no silly catchphrases, just solid advice. Well worth checking out.

im not that keen on watching people "catch fish", particularly if they in untouched wilderness claiming its the brand of gear responsible for their success.

or

"i reversed my nissan down the ramp and launched the haines hunter, fired up the etec and turned on the lowrance, put a rapala on the power pro and cast my shimano..."

robson green is entertaining,

or anyone with some technical input.

Mines "River monsters" on ABC2 which has a guy generally going out whoop whoop all around the world to extremely remote places like the middle of Papua New Guinea or mongolia. In one episode recently a film crew member got hit by lightning!

You've not seen the one where his plane crashes in the middle of the a shop rainforest then? Jeremy Wade is a top top man and fisherman!

Mines currently 'The Water' on youtube but theres an old british series called 'a passion for angling' that will always be my number one!

Edited by tef1on

Also if you ever fished in the UK or just want to see how beautiful and picturesque it can be check out 'Catching the Impossible' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdSmQ3a0czk it has amazing underwater footage and great scenic views. Better than anything else i've seen - not just a 'hey look at me catching this really big fish' instead it really gets the viewer involved in the whole experience of fishing.

You've not seen the one where his plane crashes in the middle of the a shop rainforest then? Jeremy Wade is a top top man and fisherman!

Mines currently 'The Water' on youtube but theres an old british series called 'a passion for angling' that will always be my number one!

Nope I havnt see that episode of his plane crashing (spewin! maybe i can find it online though)

I love that show since Ive got hooked on fishing recently, Ive yet to work out what gear he runs even with lighting fast "pauses" on the tv lols - All Ive heard him mention sofar is hook sizes but no brands mentioned. I sure wish I could cast a baitcaster like he does!

Some of the "shanty towns" he walks though I am suprised people dont try and rob him being the only white guy there within a thousand kms (a target) and obviously he is alot better off than the locals financially, but I think I figured that one out - his fishing case looks like a rifle case :D hahahahha

I would like E.T's show if it wasn't for all of the in-show ads.

I'm a fan of Robson Green's show. More for the show, the locations and seeing the rare species rather than the fishing tips though. Best of all, he's not backed by a fishing shop, so he's not trying to sell all their gear.

Jeremy wade man! Such a classy dude! :P love him. Robson green is heaps of fun as well. Big angry fish is cool, don't mind a little bit of ifish as theyve got a big budget to do things with. My youtube account is just full of channels...youfish, pure fishing, bcf, queensland, even a yank one for baitcaster tips haha.

Thanks for the heads up! Got the flu so gonna be on the couch watching TVS I reckon!

Cheers

Witha

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

Some of the "shanty towns" he walks though I am suprised people dont try and rob him being the only white guy there within a thousand kms (a target) and obviously he is alot better off than the locals financially, but I think I figured that one out - his fishing case looks like a rifle case :D  hahahahha

Haha yup he goes to some hairy places! He's a biologist and spent most of his life trecking round the a shop so he's got it down pat. And who could hurt that devilishly charming pom...

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

+1 extreme fishing with Robson Green entertaining stuff..

Locally I think Big fish Small boats deserves a mention. Al Mcglashan is a great spokesman for us fisho's on and off the screen..

That other one "Ifish" hmmm, bearable when his Mrs is on the rod I guess :)

Oh and nearly forgot Wicked Tuna. Hard Merch all the way!!

A second vote for Adventure Bound on TVS. I think my favourite episode was the one where the host was fishing for kingfish close in to the cliffs south of Sydney, and EVERY fish he hooked roared off like a freight train and busted him off, I don't think he ended up boating anything.

Sadly, the host in the earlier episodes (Neil) died in a skindiving accident. He was great - no nonsense, no silly catchphrases, just solid advice. Well worth checking out.

That was a good show.

http://www.adventurebound.com.au/

You can see some old clips of the show on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventureBoundFishin/videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/blackrunproductions/videos

They all have their positives and good parts, guess it also depends whether you 'like' the presenter of the particular show. Some are great, others can annoy the cr*p out of you!

As others have said, you will probably learn something from every fishing show you watch, cos there is always something we didn't know or a better way to do it!

The only thing that people need to be aware of is that its not always what it seems when you see a segment about a particular spot. It may be somewhere near you or somewhere where you have always wanted to go, but its not always as easy as they make out! Sometimes they can film for days and days on end just to get that particular fish, or to even catch a fish!