1st marlin

billseeker

Got cancelled for work today so looked at the weather and seen it looked good all day and as all the reports of marlin coming from port stephens I said to the apprentice stuff it lets go try get a marlin and as he gets paid for the day he wasn't saying no

We put in at broken bay loaded up on slimies which were everywhere out the front and headed for the fad but was very disappointed to find green 20dg water and 30cm dollies didn't even bother so shot out to 80fathoms where there was a current line and temp jumped straight to 22.8 so put the spread out and started trolling just got the riggers sorted and about to throw the teaser out and whack the 30 starts screaming on the short rigger I couldn't believe it literally 5 mins in I thought this is going to be a good day we had a firstly black putting on a great aerial display the apprentice was beside himself it put a good fight up for 15mins then we slid a tag in his shoulder and got hold of his bill for these picsPosted ImagePosted Image

Then swum her for a bit and let her go the apprentice was stoked being his first ever marlin then we trolled the rest of the day for zeros but didn't mind hottest water temp was 23.8 at 120fathoms that's as far as I ventured out fish was caught on a zacatak Shrek cockroach

Good stuff billseeket

Funny thing fishing caught 1 in the first 5 min then zeros for the rest of the day

Stickybeak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know tell me bout it thought we were in for a cracker day water was blue temp was good headed fair way up north but didn't turn another reel that fish come right on the tide change though

Hey Jamestown the slimies were from 30 to 50m line there were balls of them everywhere hopefully the little blacks find them soon

Mate what a cracker! Hopefully my blokes won't see this or they will get ideas about cancelled jobs! Best I can offer em is bream, flatties and beer! Keep up the good work!!

Cheers

Witha

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk