Frustrated!

sydneyelvis

Hi guys. I've been land based off wharves beaches etc my whole life and had some great success. 4 years ago I bought a boat for family outings and used it numerous times for fishing around Botany Bay and the George's river. Rarely come home with fish but always throw a line in back at the marina whilst cleaning the boat and pull in a feed! It's driving me crazy!

I've now moved into Sydney harbour and four sessions off the boat has yielded donut! Of course a session off the wharf for half an hour an first got three bream on chicken breast between 32-40cm.

I want to catch fish off the damn boat!!!!!

I think I've read every post on fishraider but If I don't get a feed of fish soon off the boat, I'll be the butt of more jokes from the family.

Any tips are appreciated.

Will be trying bantry this week. But I really need to get some live bait.

Please help!

I think the main thing you have to consider is what fish you are after , you really need to target a species and take the boat to where they are likely to be. Seeing as you get bream around wharves and structures well thats where u need to use your boat as well. Try fishing in shallow bays around boat moorings or drifting or anchoring around the front of rock ledges or mangroves where the bream are feeding at high tide. Try drifting mud and sand flats for flathead and whiting or deep holes and drop offs for jew . Another tip is to just drift until you find some fish and then u can redrift or anchor at that spot. Sometimes because we have a boat we tend to drive of over fish to go miles away for no reason apart from just wanting to have a boat ride :).

Garyo you are absolutely right! I went for a run around goat island, saw a heap of birds, cast amongst them and picked up some tailor. Then was off to bantry so went under the harbour bridge and the fish finder went berserk! Of course I couldn't stop there so moved around the corner amongst the moorings.

Unfortunately the wind was howling, the mrs was whinging, and my day was ending quickly!

I will persevere!

Next outing is Wednesday morning.

Wish me luck!