Hello To All

Guest rzep

Hello, I would just like to take this moment to introduce my-self.

I am new to the world of fishing and really have no idea what I am doing, but I enjoy sitting there wetting some line.

I have just started taking my 3 year old son fishing and he enjoys it, so I thought if I could learn a little about the sport and catch a couple of fish then we would enjoy it that much more.

The couple of times that we have gone fishing we have put in the boat at West Ryde and just fished the Parra River.

If anyone could let me know of some decent spots in this area then it would be much appreciated.

Happy Fishing to all.

Paul

:1welcomeani: Paul

What type of boat are you fishing from?

Can't help with the Parramatta River, however if you venture to the Hawkesbury and Pittwater area I can offer some advice.

As a starting point there is a book for about $25 on fishing spots from Port Hacking up to Hawkesbury. It covers the Parramatta River. Front cover displays a guy holding up a large Jewfish.

Good luck

Martin I have a 5 mtr fibrglass cuddy cabin with a 90 horsepower Yamaha on the back.

I do plan on fishing in the Hawkesbury and Pittwter area come this Spring and Summer as I used to fish in that area as a youngster.

To try and learn a little about fishing I have Booked a fishing tour with Dean Hayes this sunday and am looking forward to it.

Gidday rzep,

I to have a three year old boy that has managed to catch a couple of fish,I do not know the parra that well ,I usually fish in the north harbour area with him and the last time we were out we had a ball catching 40cm slimeys ........on light line,pretty easy to keep the "interest" factor happening with them around.They were very prevalent around the yellow bouy that was halfway between old mans hat and Quarantine.The slimeys have moved on but when the water warms up a little the trevally should make up for it -come on 18+ water!!.

Simon

Martin I have a 5 mtr fibrglass cuddy cabin with a 90 horsepower Yamaha on the back.

I do plan on fishing in the Hawkesbury and Pittwter area come this Spring and Summer as I used to fish in that area as a youngster.

To try and learn a little about fishing I have Booked a fishing tour with Dean Hayes this sunday and am looking forward to it.

63476[/snapback]

Dean's a top bloke and your sure to learn alot.. Dean was instrumental in my decision when buying a boat and his new DVD on bass and EP's is sure to whet the appitite for many.

Try the mangroves around rydalmere and meadowbank on a rising tide. Your sure to catch some bream and lizards. Soft plastics are the go.. fresh bait second best.

Good luck with it and :1welcomeani: to the site :1clap: