Quiet day in the carpark!

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

I got invited to go chasing marlin today by fellow raider stickybeak. With the wind and swell up a bit, we headed out on a beautiful 40 footer and headed straight to the carpark. Bait was hard to come by but we managed a few. With choppy conditions a few of the boys fell ill. I would like to thank stickybeak for spending most of the day in the cabin and graciously allowing me to do the deck work! Anyway to cut a long story short, we went 1-0-0 for the day and many boats were the same but some still managed a few.

Thanks a bunch Brian for the invite, your a top bloke and I had a great day out there!

With the conditions not good, we spotted something that caught our eye and for a trailer boat they are better men than me!

post-24974-0-79680500-1390813155_thumb.jpg

Well that's one way to spot a marlin!

Cheers scratchie!!!

So you guys did actually get a marlin boatside?If so that is a victory in itself no matter who catches it.

Glad you had a good day out guys.

No mate 1-0-0. Means- hooked one, fought none, boated or tagged none. Just wasn't our day!

Bummer, not familiar with the beaky lingo hehehe. Only ever done it once before and we ended up just trolling around for about 8 hours and all we managed to land was a sunburn hehehe. In saying that though you know what they say... A shite day on the water is better than a great day at work. It would have been good to get out for a day at least.

Hi scratchie I was also out there today ina red 620 quintrex we ended up 3.3.2 and ended up leaving at 1 oclock du we to having to drive back to Sydney . we got all 3 bites one after another . we put the spread out and with in 5 minutes we were on hard work mate fighting fish with minimal breaks but all in all great day out. we fished sunday as well and for both days we went 5.5.3 we didnt stick around the other boats we were in anout 250 fathoms

Hi scratchie I was also out there today ina red 620 quintrex we ended up 3.3.2 and ended up leaving at 1 oclock du we to having to drive back to Sydney . we got all 3 bites one after another . we put the spread out and with in 5 minutes we were on hard work mate fighting fish with minimal breaks but all in all great day out. we fished sunday as well and for both days we went 5.5.3 we didnt stick around the other boats we were in anout 250 fathoms

Cheers mate and well done. That's a great effort.

I heard of a few fish tagged yesterday. A mate of mine said they got 3 on lures yesterday just north of the carpark. A few charters also go up to 5??? We are heading up mid week next week so hopefully it turns on

I heard of a few fish tagged yesterday. A mate of mine said they got 3 on lures yesterday just north of the carpark. A few charters also go up to 5??? We are heading up mid week next week so hopefully it turns on

Mate they are definitely there. It was just a quiet day for us! Pretty frustrating. We marked a few fish! Good luck and if your looking for a decky let me know!

Cool... I am heading up with some mates in his formula so if theres space for a day will definately let you know. My boats still getting works done so next year she will be out. With the bait mate did you struggle to find it at all?? Reports filtering in that theres plenty on offer??

Cool... I am heading up with some mates in his formula so if theres space for a day will definately let you know. My boats still getting works done so next year she will be out. With the bait mate did you struggle to find it at all?? Reports filtering in that theres plenty on offer??

Yesterday the bait was spaced out and deep at 60phathoms. At times it come up to 30. The water looked good and good temp. Seems the tide changes were working for most but unfortunately not us!

Hey Scratchie... bad luck mate hopefully next trip will be better. Heard the bite is continuing so hopefully its good this weekend. We are bringing Reef Magic up on Friday for our first charter on Saturday.

Where are you based up there.. we will be at Soldiers Point Marina.

Cheers

Damo

G'day raiders,

I got invited to go chasing marlin today by fellow raider stickybeak. With the wind and swell up a bit, we headed out on a beautiful 40 footer and headed straight to the carpark. Bait was hard to come by but we managed a few. With choppy conditions a few of the boys fell ill. I would like to thank stickybeak for spending most of the day in the cabin and graciously allowing me to do the deck work! Anyway to cut a long story short, we went 1-0-0 for the day and many boats were the same but some still managed a few.
Thanks a bunch Brian for the invite, your a top bloke and I had a great day out there!

With the conditions not good, we spotted something that caught our eye and for a trailer boat they are better men than me!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Well that's one way to spot a marlin!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Hey Scratchie... bad luck mate hopefully next trip will be better. Heard the bite is continuing so hopefully its good this weekend. We are bringing Reef Magic up on Friday for our first charter on Saturday.

Where are you based up there.. we will be at Soldiers Point Marina.

Cheers

Damo

Hey damo,

I live in Anna bay, so I'm pretty handy to anywhere. Just love the place up here!

Yeah, we seen a few boated around us and it was great being out there. Just wasn't our day. We'd mark a fish, drop liveys drift and the boat behind would hook up. Frustrating for captain and crew!

I'm looking to get out as many times as I can this season so will try catch up with you! And if your looking for an unpaid greenhorn to help out, look no further! I've got 4 months off! Haha.

Good luck on your season up here mate!

Cheers scratchie!!!