Frustrated and Need Help!

chrisj1982

Hey all long time lurker, first time poster.

Names Chris and i love fishing but lately have become very frustrated with it all.

Bit of backstory, as a kid me and the old man used to fish religoiusly every weekend, but 10 years have passed and with having to work fulltime like im sure alot of you do, fishing rdopped off the radar as none of my friends where interested in it, lately tho my wife has become keen to get out and catch a feed with me so we try and squeeze in a trip when we can.

back in November we hired a boat for 3 days down on the Hawkesbury river and absolutely carved it up, stocking our freezer up with enough fish to last a few months eating.

Over the last 2 months tho we have been land based around stockton, hunter river at hexham and a few places around the lake, with a grand total of 0 catches.

we have multiple different setups for this style of fishing and have tried live, frozen and soft plastics with no success, I can't understand and cannot explain to my wife what we are doing wrong. We have tried multiple times of day, even to the point of starting before daybreak and still fishing near midnight the same day, have read multiple fishing reports across many media and still can't get a bite at places that, where going off the day before ect.

Any advice??

Hi Chrisj 1982, just spent a week up that way and the area seems to be heavily fished. However I think you just need to persist, fish the tides and the areas where fish are likely to be. There's certainly plenty of options and water there. If u have a boat, drifting using soft plastics always works for me...but mainly, don't give up and plod on mate. Big Neil.

Hi Chris,

Fishing can be very frustrating at times. In dry spells I tend to lighten everything up, try lighter line, lighter weight, total lighter set up all together.

Also as I'm sure you have already thought about, I find tides and bait to be 2 of the most important factors in any kind of fishing. Try fishing around tide changes with fresh or live bait and you should find some interest from something. Of course this is only my opinion and each location will have its own unique set of reasons why fish will or will not be biting.

Oh and no matter what anyone says, you can be doing everything right but you still need an element of luck.