Kingfish - Broken Bay Jan 27th

meg126

Love it when a plan comes together!

After not fishing for nearly 20 years (and any fishing I did was in NZ) I was keen to get back into it but boy, have things changed. Ive have always wanted to get a KingFish since I was a kid until yesterday, its never happened.

Set out from Gosford at 6:30am and tried a quick troll around Lion Island with a new Xwrap but didnt manage to get a score on the board.

Saw my mate Ron, who kindly told me not to bother with squidding as they are super hard to get AND the kingies are happily munching on the Yakkas. So half an hour later we had a nice bucket and headed off to Barrenjoey headland. Put down a livey and thought we'd drift for a few flatties.

Picked up a baby flattie (they are always babies there), next thing, the livie rod starts bouncing around and I heard a little squeek from the livie which sounded like "oh bugger"... then the rod buckles over. Im not super strong, so getting it out of my holder was even a bit of an effort.

The power of this thing was incredible for a lass like me. The fish took dives, darted here and there and the sound of the braid coming from the reel was very cool. Finally, up it came.

We moved on after that as my fishing buddy turned a strange green colour, personally, I was on cloud 9 and havent come back down.

post-30804-0-77207700-1390862664_thumb.jpg

Now, I know its no 1m+ kingie, however, its a dream come true for me. That was yesterday and I still cannot stop thinking, smiling, laughing and all night long, dreaming about it... The best part was that no one taught me, no one held my hand, it was me trying different things and teaching myself, for some reason, it just makes it even sweeter.

Pick up new boat in another month (Barcrusher 615) and cant wait to get back out and do it all over again.

Meg, that's a great story and congrats on catching your target. It is very rewarding to target a fish and capture your intended fish. And on top, to teach yourself. Sounds like that boat will get a real work out now! Well done :)

Cheers Scratchie!!!

Great post,

You and my wife sound the same, I copied and sms your story to her, it sounded identical to a days fishing we had a few weeks ago their.

My wife just called after reading the sms, now checking her diary to go fishing for kings at Barrenjoey headland a Saturday after next,

My wife hooked on fishing for kingfish after her first Kingy session a few years ago, now it all she want to fish for.

That's a great catch Meg126

Dogbox

Well done! ! Love it when a plan comes together! Especially when it's a long time dream! Keep up the great work! What did it measure in at??

Cheers

Witha

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

HI Witha,

Measured about 57cm so just a little 'un and makes me think if I did get a metre king I'd be in trouble if I was solo!

Thats a very good result. Well done. That looks a little better than 57, I thought fishos are supposed to exaggerate??

Cheers

Agggrrhhhmmm, did I say 57, I meant 77cm.... See, clearly I still have stuff to learn!

Meg ...Will you marry me???

You have your own boat,soon to be a Barcrusher

You can catch fish,I bet you even gill,gut and cook them.

You obviously love to fish.

You are nearly the perfect woman.

If you dont want to get married thats ok we could live in sin.....

ps.Send photo of Barcrusher.

Meg ...Will you marry me???

You have your own boat,soon to be a Barcrusher

You can catch fish,I bet you even gill,gut and cook them.

You obviously love to fish.

You are nearly the perfect woman.

If you dont want to get married thats ok we could live in sin.....

ps.Send photo of Barcrusher.

Ha ha ha!!

Sorry, Im married to the near perfect man... only serious flaw is that he doesn't like fishing, but he's happy for me to get my very own Bar Crusher, so Ive kept him anyway.