Roseville Ramp to Sydney Heads

Berleyguts

Thanks Scratchie. Any ramp is a fair haul from my place near Quakers Hill, so I've been making the trip to Parsley Bay but wonder if there are better options. I have a National Park annual pass, so parking fees aren't an issue and I understand there are boat flushing facilities at Roseville, which would save me a bit of time. On Tuesday, I left home about 4:30am and was still cleaning the boat and putting it away at 6:00pm!

Cheers,

Baz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Aussie007

Thanks Scratchie. Any ramp is a fair haul from my place near Quakers Hill, so I've been making the trip to Parsley Bay but wonder if there are better options. I have a National Park annual pass, so parking fees aren't an issue and I understand there are boat flushing facilities at Roseville, which would save me a bit of time. On Tuesday, I left home about 4:30am and was still cleaning the boat and putting it away at 6:00pm!

Cheers,

Baz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

u could get on the M7 at blacktown than M5 at the cross roads than head strait down to botany bay foreshore road ramp no parking fee and free security parking

u could get on the M7 at blacktown than M5 at the cross roads than head strait down to botany bay foreshore road ramp no parking fee and free security parking

Thanks Gazza,

No parking fee but about $20 in return tolls! That trip is 70km one way and takes at least an hour towing the boat. That's if the M5 isn't like the car park I usually find it when fishing on a week day! I love to fish out of Botany or Hacking but I've found the trip to Brooklyn quicker and easier against the traffic and only 56km. Roseville should be about 40km and 45 minutes or so and no parking fee for me because I have a pass. :)

Thanks for the suggestion, though. :) I will fish out of there sometimes on weekends but I'm leaning toward Roseville now for my Tuesday sessions (my day off).

Cheers,

Baz

Hey Burleyguts

There is an advantage to living out west (other then the fact that we have some where for a boat)

All the ramps are about an hour away , I use Botany Bay Just on an hour, Drummoyne about 50mins or Brooklyn 1 hour & 10

Because nothing is close you dont trap yourself in the same water ways all . the time the variety is great!

Brett

Hey Burleyguts

There is an advantage to living out west (other then the fact that we have some where for a boat)

All the ramps are about an hour away , I use Botany Bay Just on an hour, Drummoyne about 50mins or Brooklyn 1 hour & 10

Because nothing is close you dont trap yourself in the same water ways all . the time the variety is great!

Brett

Same for us at Leonay. We usually use Tunks Park at Cammeray and it takes about an hour because we leave at 4am. It's roughly the same for Botany Bay but a bit longer to Brooklyn.

Hey Burleyguts

Brett

Good point. And if there are strong winds and big swells as I am expecting on Tuesday (my next day off), I can be at Penrith ramp in about 35 minutes to fish the gorge for bass. :)

Baz

I allway Davidsons park boat ramp . Good Acess ,toilet,fish cleaning table and Bait grounds just after the Spit Brigde and close to outside . Like u said only down side is the Toll . Straight onto M2 then onto Deli rd . Only draw back. There isent manny Garages on the way . Tunks park is good only draw back is a very steep ramp ( when low tide u might have issues getting a bigger boat out and you deffently need a 4x4 ) from memory there isent any fish cleaning tables might be some there now as its a few years I've been there . Also if you need fuel there is allways. The marina at the spit but it's arround $2 a liter . Cheers. Oziodin

I allway Davidsons park boat ramp . Good Acess ,toilet,fish cleaning table and Bait grounds just after the Spit Brigde and close to outside . Like u said only down side is the Toll . Straight onto M2 then onto Deli rd . Only draw back. There isent manny Garages on the way . Tunks park is good only draw back is a very steep ramp ( when low tide u might have issues getting a bigger boat out and you deffently need a 4x4 ) from memory there isent any fish cleaning tables might be some there now as its a few years I've been there . Also if you need fuel there is allways. The marina at the spit but it's arround $2 a liter . Cheers. Oziodin

Thanks Oziodin. The small toll on the M2 and the short stretch of the M7 from Sunnyholt Rd is minor and I have a couple of servos quite close. I will give Roseville a go! I have launched there before a long time ago but only to fish upper Middle Harbour.

Cheers,

Baz

Hey Baz, takes me a good 20 minutes, it's a fair haul, 14km or so with 4 knot zones at the spit and from the ramp. I have a 115 hp on my 18 foot cc and can run quite quick. You will have to slow up a bit once you clear Middle Harbour too as the ferry etc leaves a bit of wake to deal with, especially in a 4m tinny. Overall though a pretty good ramp, especially if you have the national parks pass etc. I take advantage of the 4 knot zones to do a bit of tidying up so I am ready for the ramp when I get back.

You must have a very good setup to cruise at 45km/hr with a 25hp outboard, what speed is flat out?

Hey Baz, takes me a good 20 minutes, it's a fair haul, 14km or so with 4 knot zones at the spit and from the ramp. I have a 115 hp on my 18 foot cc and can run quite quick. You will have to slow up a bit once you clear Middle Harbour too as the ferry etc leaves a bit of wake to deal with, especially in a 4m tinny. Overall though a pretty good ramp, especially if you have the national parks pass etc. I take advantage of the 4 knot zones to do a bit of tidying up so I am ready for the ramp when I get back.

You must have a very good setup to cruise at 45km/hr with a 25hp outboard, what speed is flat out?

Thanks Mark,

I really should update my profile! I have a new boat - a Stacer 449 Outlaw side console with 60hp ETEC. :) I've only had it out twice and haven't run it flat out on good water yet. It handles a LOT better than my old 4m tinny! The slop coming back into Broken Bay the other day with the noreaster and the the run out tide was no problem. From Juno Point to Brooklyn I managed to run at 26 knots but copped a lot of spray! I haven't run it WOT yet.

Thanks for the info. Looks like I will try Roseville ramp next time. Maybe this Tuesday but I think it might be a bit rough outside.

Cheers,

Baz

Hi guys,

I live in baulkham hills. I have the national parks pass too.

I used to go kurungai, broken bay and berowra all the time but love going roseville. Closer to the heads than drummoyne. Nice ramp, nice place. Just have bait and fuel ready on the night before. Also suggest you drive first with no boat as coming from hills you have to do a U turn to enter ramp. Just get familiar with the place.

Hi guys,

I live in baulkham hills. I have the national parks pass too.

I used to go kurungai, broken bay and berowra all the time but love going roseville. Closer to the heads than drummoyne. Nice ramp, nice place. Just have bait and fuel ready on the night before. Also suggest you drive first with no boat as coming from hills you have to do a U turn to enter ramp. Just get familiar with the place.

Yeah, that u-turn's a b!tch! Illegal, too, from memory, unless it has changed. I find it best to turn off up the hill and come out at the lights near the bottle shop on Arthur St.

I'm hoping to head out tomorrow but Willy Weather has the wind swinging to the SSE quite early and then to 22 knots by 11:00am. :(

Baz

Thanks Mark,

I really should update my profile! I have a new boat - a Stacer 449 Outlaw side console with 60hp ETEC. :) I've only had it out twice and haven't run it flat out on good water yet. It handles a LOT better than my old 4m tinny! The slop coming back into Broken Bay the other day with the noreaster and the the run out tide was no problem. From Juno Point to Brooklyn I managed to run at 26 knots but copped a lot of spray! I haven't run it WOT yet.

Thanks for the info. Looks like I will try Roseville ramp next time. Maybe this Tuesday but I think it might be a bit rough outside.

Cheers,

Baz

No worries Baz, that sounds like a good step up in the speed stakes and comfort too!

Yes it's a bit if a pain coming from the south, my boat lives at Terrey Hills so it's a bit easier. If you are coming from the Roseville side best to go past the Roseville bridge, hang a left onto Ryrie st then right and right again onto Arthur to use the lights and get back down the hill to the entrance.

Mind you if it's 4am like a good hard core fisho then maybe a u turn might just be done a little further up the hill when the concrete barrier ends!