Z man grubz almost tailor proof

Flickn Mad

Went for a run up too woy woy this morning, never been there before but it looked good on google earth so I thought I would give it a go to scratch the itch so to speak.

Ive seen a few guys talking up these Z man grubs so with yet another addition to the takle collection I pulled up at the boat ramp at the brick wharf road nice and early.

Tied on a two inch grub in blood worm/1 gram jig head and started working the weed edge and drop off.

Tailor after tailor, all small but maybe 6 to 8 of them all took a liking to the little grub and still it remained in one piece with the tail still twirling beautifully.

Even had a fan tail jacket try and snip the tail of with no luck.

Pulled a nice flattie, about 42 cm. great fun on 2kg braid 1000 stradic and a s002 samuri I built recently.

I saw two massive whiting cruze past right at my feet. what a lovely bit of water.

Anyway, I will definantly be giving the Zman lures more attention in the future.post-31561-0-56237900-1391308777_thumb.jpg

Zmans rock!! Great range of styles and colours. The 3'' Minnowz are now my go to lizard lures, especially in shallow/clear water. Any number of the natural or clear coloured ones seem to be effective. I like to fish where there are small tailor (them being big flathead tucker) and hence the resistance of Zmans to having their tales snipped of is a huge advantage.

Im a zman fan boy. Got the 2.5 grubz in many colours. My fav is greasy prawn. Try the hidden weight tt jig heads with the grubz in shallow water with a bit of flavouring (I use the squidgies s factor) and u will get plenty of touches

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

just wondering fellow z-man users have encounter this, a couple of different zmans of mine have started to go soft and sticky. they were all pretty new but cant use them now. some were grubs in the greeny brown colour and some white minnows did the same thing. not sure what I have done wrong.

Also a huge fan. Catch all sorts of things with the grubz! Just picked up some larger minnow types keen to give em a go! Have had great luck with the motor oil and watermelon colours. These things are so strong. Don't let them get hot though, they do tend to stick together and warp a bit

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

Caught my PB King and Lizard on Zmans, it might have just been right place and right time, but thats enough to have me hooked for life! Though I haven't found the same resilience to tailor, I've had the 5inch minnowz chewed to bits on some occasions and all you feel is a vibration on the end of the line, then pull in a jig head with a 1inch lump of rubber on the end.

just wondering fellow z-man users have encounter this, a couple of different zmans of mine have started to go soft and sticky. they were all pretty new but cant use them now. some were grubs in the greeny brown colour and some white minnows did the same thing. not sure what I have done wrong.

Sounds like you left them in the sun, took me ages to peel some of them off the dash of my boat from the weekend, left them sitting in the sun in the driveway all afternoon letting the boat dry after hosing it out...then they glued themselves to it!.

I've lost a fair few Zmans when i first bought them... You need to keep them out of direct sunlight and don't mix colours when storing them.

Sunlight goes for most plastics same with heat, have mine sitting in the car sometimes and bit of warping/drying out..least the zmans don't dry out like gulps kept badly. Have had the motor oil run colour too, but thats life they're still one of the best plastics out and one of the first things I tie on. Drop of super glue at the jig head stops them getting dragged down the hook when flicking too

Cheers

Witha

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk