Botany Bay 1st February table fish fishing

HookemDano

I went out fishing on Saturday with the aim to get a newby onto some nice table fish for him to take home to the family and hopefully enough for my family as well.

Target species Whiting and finish off with some bream. Bad start to the day local bait shop "no blood worms" :ranting2: , your kidding!!....... $10 of your best frozen prawns will have to do......we hit the local whiting grounds at around 6am (approx 500m opposite the Novotel), weather was slightly overcast and the track was a choppy 5 with the boat going one direction when anchored and the baits floating off in the other direction.....not cmfortable but fishable, well well the prawns did the job A ok and with a dozen whiting landed, 1 taylor and 1 bream in 3 hours we decided to call it quits on the whiting and move on and spend the last hour chasing bream so off to the bream grounds up and down the kurnell penisula to Towra point found a nice patch of sand surounded by weed (sea grass) burleyed up and first two in the boat were trevally, 1 of which bounced off the side and swam away to play another day. We preceded to land 4 bream one of which I have on video 35cm model and the other 3 tipping the ruler at 30cm. pulled up stupms at 10:30 am with enough fish to split 2 ways,I've also posted a picture of a previous trip of half a whiting, this whiting was split two ways but not by my doing...... :1yikes:

post-4305-0-84422800-1391392629_thumb.jpg

post-4305-0-65608400-1391392652_thumb.jpg

Well done on your trip BSJ. Nothing like a good feed after a successful day especially when taking a newbie. That whiting was probably taken by a Noah. I use them for live bait all the time chasing jewies but occasionally have the same thing happens! Great work!

Cheers scratchie!!!