RHODES BOAT RAMP

tassjo

extremely slippery in low tide!

recommend 4x4 and some one with foot on the brakes (hand brakes only lock the back wheels) if you can do all that then be careful when walking on the ramp.

other then that its a Great boat ramp at high tide.

Brett

yes it is new with a pontoon ,would like to know if there is a drop off as I have to sink my trailer,went down last sat to have a look and it does look good .

I was using the ramp down the end of Bayswater st Drummoyne ,always someone having a go at someone else.

Its a little bit longer to get in the harbour but I would prefer to travel via boat & relax than drive in the traffic & the rhodes ramp is close to home

Edited by tass

Around 12-15km to Sydney head. Depends where your fishing really. I used to fish west o te bridge and i sode the harbour. Now im heading out it doesnt make sense. Nothing better than pulling in the heads and straight to rose bay, i dont miss crossing the harbour in the arvo.

This is true, i only go to Rosie if i have a decky i wont launch there solo. Drymmoyne is superb for solo launch, love that ramp.

Have to say i have seen more launch/retrieve fails in Rose bay than anywhere else, all the gear and no idea!

Hi all got the boat in this morning the ramp is great no drop off /not slippery at all.ON the way in it was blowing so driving on the trailer took a few goes,

not so good on the fishing front but there is always next time.Was only a few trailers a lot more relaxing than Drummoyne and only 15mins to home

• 8 months later...

Hi all got the boat in this morning the ramp is great no drop off /not slippery at all.ON the way in it was blowing so driving on the trailer took a few goes,

not so good on the fishing front but there is always next time.Was only a few trailers a lot more relaxing than Drummoyne and only 15mins to home

Tass are you driving a 4x4 or a RWD car?

Looking to use the Rhodes ramp at some stage in the next few days and it might end up being at low tide...

Cheers,

M

I have used the ramp a dozen times or so. It never appears busy but yes it is slippery and it is a little exposed to wind and tide.

My son (15) wont drive the boat onto the trailer at that ramp because both times he tried the tide was racing and the wind was in the same direction and ... well you guys all know the story... that's a little tough even for the experienced so it put him off.

Wharf Road at Rydalmere is an easier bet and about the same distance from my place so the choice is easy.

Cheers

Jim

I HAVE A 4X4 AND A BA FALCON ,USE BOTH OFF THEM NO PROBLEM AT ALL,AT LOW TIDE THE CONCRETE BLOCKS ARE A BIT SLIPPERY ON THE FEET BUT NEVER HAVE ANY WHEEL SPIN<br />MY BOAT IS 6M AND ON BUNKS, I PASS THE ROPE ATTACHED TO THE REAR OF THE BOAT TO MY WIFE WHO IS ON THE WALK WAY HEADING TO THE PONTOON AND FLOAT THE BOAT OFF.MOST THE TIME I DRIVE THE BOAT ONNEVER BUSY AND NO HASSLE COMPAIRED TO DRUMMOYNE.IT IS LONGER TO THE HEADS BUT FOR ME CLOSER TO HOME AND DONT HAVE TO DRIVE BACK IN THE TRAFFIC.JUST REMEMBER NOT HAVING THE CORRECT BALL<br />WEIGHT CAN INCREASE WHEEL SPIN