Kingfish with a suprise

marto1976

Hit Bellambi reef on Saturday chasing kingfish. Pulling around a live slimey in 25ft of water when the sounder lit up and my rod started dancing. Took the motor out of gear and waited a few seconds when the rod took off and starts taking drag. A few seconds later it slowed down and my disapointment when I thought it was a rat king. Started skull draging it in when I caught a flash of the fish down deep. Then the head shakes started, fish had a another good run and I saw what I did not expect or believe . A big bloody red. My game plan changed and made sure I landed it n the boat. After utter disbelief of a snapper hitting a full slimey live trowling I measured it up going 5kgs and in the 70's.

PS. Tip for fishraiders take your phone out of the boat before washing. One new Samsung Galaxy gooone but the snapper still left me with a smile on my dile.

PPS. Quintrew 480 I changed my fishing hat just for you LOL

post-30372-0-53337300-1391928039_thumb.jpg

post-30372-0-58487700-1391928056_thumb.png

That's a cracker of a red. I am not surprised it took the slimey however I was surprised that it took it on the troll. Must have been your lucky day mate. ;)

I don't suppose you went and bought a lotto ticket afterward did you? I would have with that luck running fresh hehe.

Good onya Marto.

Luc.

That's a very nice fish and it's a great catch considering it's not even snapper season. I'm not surprised it took the slimy on the troll though. Had them come up to the surface and take Halco lures, also live yakka on the troll going over the bommie.