Maroubra Beach - North End Rocks Take Two

fishing steez

Decided to head back to the North End Rocks at Maroubra last night as the swell and wind had dropped right off from previously in week. I arrive a good hour and a half before the high tide and had baits in the water by around 7pm. Not much happened for the first 2 hours and it seemed like it was going to be a fishless night untill about 30 mins after tide change I get two massive bumps on the rod tip so I grab the rod and strike, feels like a pretty decent fish. After a short fight and a few cool ariel displays in the dark I pull up a nice Kahwai (Australian Salmon). So I rig up another pillie on the ganged hooks again and lob it out. Not 5 mins later the rod bends over again, so I strike and hook up again. This time it feels slightly smaller and doesnt put up much of a fight utill i get it close into the rocks where it trys a final dash for freedom. I manage to land it but this time to my suprise it is a small tailor. This is starting to fire up. I throw another pillies out on the gangs and 10 mins pass before I get another decent hit. I strike and feel a more substatial weight, this fish puts up a better fight and I hoping it doesnt head for the rocks and bust me off. I direct the fish to the lower ledge and finally wash it up to reveal a much nicer tailor, stoked! I continue to fish for another hour but with no luck, the fish must have moved on so i call it a night. All in all good night with 3 Fish landed for the smoker, wrapped!

Few pics, but pretty bad quality.

post-23511-0-10832700-1392332178_thumb.jpgpost-23511-0-12194300-1392332194_thumb.jpgpost-23511-0-32167800-1392332292_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest no one

hmm, so which part is call the North End Rocks ?

I assume he means where the beach meets the rocks at the north end of the beach - by the big rubix cube.