Sydney Today

finin

Gday all, bit overcast this morning and a little bit of drizzle. Conditions outside were nice. Gentle ne swell and current running downhill. Water a nice blue and sitting on 22.4.

Fishing started off well with a few snapper but slowed towards the high tide. As soon as the high came the wind came up lifting our drift to 1.4kt and hard to hold bottom. Thats really about it, out again tomorrow.

Biggest snapper at 52

.post-13466-0-07130600-1392424291_thumb.jpg

Nice snapper mate. What depth was the water 22.4 deg at ? Last weekend was terrible water was below 21 deg most of the time and got to 21.6 deg in about 110m of water then started going back down again so we turned around and came back in. MHL buoy is about 1km off its mark and not updating the temp online anymore

Yeah thanks guys. DownToFish, m8 we had 21.4 just past the heads, we then passed over a blatant current line in 40m and the other side had 22.4, which ran out to about the hundred, then another current line past this. Water a nice blue and not much cloud to it.

Good to see the warmer water is starting to move back in, the water was cobalt blue last weekend and great clarity, just freezing! Some small dollies on the fads but nothing of interest. There looks like plenty of warm water further off the coast, hopefully it moves in closer in the coming weeks. Good effort on the reds as well, do you find they don't tend to go off the bite during the full moon ?

Nice fish, for snapper do you think you need warm water? I thought they are more a winter fish, we caught some on Saturday while fishing for kings, water temp 20.4 and I was thinking this was maybe why they were active?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk