So close yet so far away

gully27

Went out yesterday with to mates that had never fished before the plan was to head to the FAD and see if I could not get them a dolly or to as we pasted the fad the dollys where there to play so the boys where haveing a ball on small fish after a hour or so I put some bigger skirts out and headed wider only to get 2 or 3kms from the fad and seen alot of birds working we almost got to them when the left rigger popped as I picked up the rod I called it for a small fish till it pocked its head out yep we where on a solid black first run almost emptied my 50w a hour 45 later and only 2m under the boat the hook pulled so close yet so far away

Mate I feel for you!! I had to leave a day early from crew crew at port stephens yesterday my crew hooked 2 fish. 9 am a small black around 45kg with was landed... then an hour later hooked a monster blue they say easily over 200kg. Fought for over 7 hours!! Yes 7 hours on standup 24kg only to have it die after a massive 900mtr run to the bottom!! Couldnt get it off the floor... now thats shattering!