600lber Caught

tyurke01

What a magnificent fish.

Thanks Tyurke01 for posting the pic.

If you read through their post there is a bit of sour grapes among the posters.

It would appear the new light being tested played a role in attracting the fish, watch them disappear of the shelf real quick.

Time will tell if the new type of light has been the missing technique to gaining some consistency in getting a hook up.

I still did not quite understand their version of Handline fishing. They talk of between 2 to 6 hooks and the line is referred to as rope. Are they using rope?

IGFA would not recognise this capture unless it was taken on Rod and Reel.

Shame it was not caught under IGFA rules, however as a fish goes its a beast.

Now just imagine one twice the size, the world record from Chile.

I can remember a storey of a Broadbill in New Zealand that was fought and lost many many years back. The fight was reported to have lasted 25 hours.

They are truly deserve their nick name of "gladiator of the sea"

Cheers

What a magnificent fish.

Thanks Tyurke01 for posting the pic.

If you read through their post there is a bit of sour grapes among the posters.

It would appear the new light being tested played a role in attracting the fish, watch them disappear of the shelf real quick.

Time will tell if the new type of light has been the missing technique to gaining some consistency in getting a hook up.

I still did not quite understand their version of Handline fishing. They talk of between 2 to 6 hooks and the line is referred to as rope. Are they using rope?

IGFA would not recognise this capture unless it was taken on Rod and Reel.

Shame it was not caught under IGFA rules, however as a fish goes its a beast.

Now just imagine one twice the size, the world record from Chile.

I can remember a storey of a Broadbill in New Zealand that was fought and lost many many years back. The fight was reported to have lasted 25 hours.

They are truly deserve their nick name of  "gladiator of the sea"

Cheers

63735[/snapback]

The guys who caught it are pros, using a 'handline" technique - that includes spearing, multiple hooks per line, and a bunch of other stuff. It can be Rod and Reel but this one wasn't. Bloody good fish, and an interesting read.

Ken

I rather them taking them on a hand line (like this one) with a few hooks, than long line with 1500 hooks.

And as long as there is demand for Sword steaks, there will be Pro's out there catching them, just like Tuna.

Chris