Shimano Stradic CI4+ / Rarenium

EGK24A

Hey guys,

Just wanted some input on both these reels. Can anyone shed some light on which reel they think is the better reel?

Any help is much appreciate

Thanks in advance :)

Hi. I'm not a fan of either of these reels but I think the Rarenium is the better of the 2.

Check the gear ratios and what you want out of your new reel...

I have not tried the rarenium but I really do like the stradics, enough to have a few different types of them. I have a 1000, 3000 and 4000 along with a few other types of shimano reels like the Saragosa and the Symetre but to be honest I like the stradics the most. They are a little pricey but well worth the investment. The drags are very smooth, the ratios are great and they have plenty of power. I daresay I will own more of them in the future.

Luc.

Thanks for the input guys. I will head to the stores over the weekend and have a feel of both reels and see which one I like better.

I noticed that you can also purchase the Shimano Rarenium CI4+ from Ebay also. Has anyone got this or has used it before?

• 1 month later...

Thought I might update everyone. I ended up purchasing the stradic ci4+ in the 2500 and I must admit I am very happy with it. I haven't hooked much on it other than squid but am very pleased. Very smooth and light

Diawa > Shimano everyday of the week. I have a stradic Ci4 and a diawa sol, and the sol just trumps it in all the catergories. Its smoother, stronger and a pleasure to use, and imo the stradic just feels cheap. I say this because its body feels weak and plastic like, it bends under pressure and has a whirling sound when spun, its not even worth the $$$. Id go with a daiwa, but thats just my opinion:)