Happy ending at laperouse

rockfisherman

Hi raiders

Packed the fishing gear in the car last night so I could head out for a fish after work, in the morning I wacked a half kilo if pilchards in the esky ready for the afternoon.

Had an early knock off because it was raining, so I headed to laperouse with the raincoat ready, but it wasn't required. I had been fishing for 2 hours, not so much as a bite, I had 2 rods out with pilchard and was working a soft plastic. Started derigging the plastics outfit, then one of the alveys, then sat down for 5 minutes with the intention of reeling in and derigging the last out fit.

Then all of sudden I see the rod twitching and bends niceley, after a bit of a fight and a couple if jumps

Posted Image

A couple of minutes later

Posted Image

Posted Image

And shortly after that

Posted Image

Then as I was scaling the fish

Posted Image

All this happening in a space of about 30 minutes. Satisfied to say the least, and that was my happy ending

Also caught this eel

Posted Image

If it's to good to be true, it usually is...

Mate that title had me thinking this wasn't a fishing report :P ahahah jokes aside a nice catch there gotta be happy with that!

Get your mind out of the gutter mate, hahaha.

Uh, glad you were satisfied fishingphase.

It's never over until the last bait is out of the water. i've had that happen - was reeling in my last bait only to have a 72cm Jewie jump on. Sure puts on a smile on your face when you thought you had donuts just minutes before :-)

Well done

Well done mate! I bet you had a few more casts after that too??? It's always the way, about to call it quits, then bang! Great work :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

I did have a few more casts, but I was happy to finish on a posative note and not be sitting around catchless for another 2 hours

Harry

If it's to good to be true, it usually is...