East Reef & West Reef

Saltgrinder

Hi Fishos

My first time up on the great website. Don't know why i didn't see it long ago. Maybe because i'm not have much luck lately and looking for some sympathy :D . All my mate says "It's in the dicitionary"

I've been chasing the snapper along the known haunts north of Longy a week or so back and couldn't raise a scale. Got chased off Boultons by the LJ's and couldn't find a fish on 4 other regular holes. The current was a bit light heading sth but very little showed on the sounder. Fished the rising tide at sun up. So has anyone had any luck or am I just out of season with the reds.

We had to be satisfied trolling the headlands back to Pittwater scoring a couple of rats and a few bonito to 60cm

I couldn't find any info on this forum about the two reefs east of Box Head towards Maitland Bay. Anyone got news of these reefs, their depth and what they might produce on what tides ?? Would appreciate any tales.

Look forward to meeting a few of the raiders on the ramp at Bayview.

Cheers to all

Saltgrinder

First of all, welcome to fishraider!

If you use the search functions of the site, you will find plenty of topics to answer your questions!

I did a quick search for you and found this,

http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=70632&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

Hope it's helpful to you and enjoy the site!

Cheers scratchie!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Used to fish East Reef regularly and it can be very hot or ice cold but as said on that other link, it is the home of sergeant bakers - even trolling with hard body lures. Be very careful of West Reef, especially towards low tide in a southerly swell. It is very shallow and out of nowhere a 2m breaking wave appears.

Edited by Twinfisher 4.9

g'day mate

ive been out at longy a few times in recent weeks and its been pretty hot and cold. some days i havent even gotten a hit. Best results have always been early morning for me

im planning to hit east / west over easter, but i havent heard any recent reports of catches there sorry