Georges River Flathead

Tome

Went out on Sunday 2nd March for a quick flick out on the Georges River (landbased) - arrived there at 6am just before sunrise.

Got a couple small whiting (18cm & 22cm), the usual small pickers (bream, snappers, tailors) - all released. The time hit 9:30am and I was out of bait (only some squid left which was on the line in the water) so I thought that shall do for the morning so I started packing up my gear. As I finished packing the rest of the gear, my last line still in the water starts to shake the rod tip - my guess some small pickers again. I grab hold of the rod waiting and ready to call it a day, then I suddenly feel weight pulling against me so I know something is on!! The reel in was fairly easy, so I was thinking maybe a slightly larger bream then as it came towards the surface, it started fighting and shaking its head from side to side!!

To my surprise, it was a 69cm flattie :) my PB!!!

post-1474-0-55250300-1394421004_thumb.jpg

Guest Aussie007

sneaky kevin hey lol he took all your glory on fb i actually thought it was his fish and u helped him land it but it was the other way around, i showed all my mates that pic on fb crackin flatty

we were there the day before drifting right across that section too and we didnt get anything

I noticed that Gazza and I've learnt from this experience haha my catches will only be photographed with me from now on. I've been there (land based) plenty of times and didn't catch anything. It's one of those places where you get lucky 1/100 times in my opinion. I did however catch a 32cm bream there a week before that.

Thanks nbdshroom :)