Tea Gardens Fishing

kts350

I'm going camping just up from tea gardens this weekend and we have some spots on the beach we usually go to that we seem to catch fish at but just wondering if there are any land based squid spots in the area that we can try when we are not at the beach.

cheers,

Wayno

Hey wayno,

Not really any squid spots in that area. Maybe close to yaccaba headland you might be a chance. Are you camping at mungo?? Plenty of mullet in there that is great for all round bait. Especially of the beaches up there for Jews!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Hey wayno,

Not really any squid spots in that area. Maybe close to yaccaba headland you might be a chance. Are you camping at mungo?? Plenty of mullet in there that is great for all round bait. Especially of the beaches up there for Jews!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Yep camping at a spot called Banksia Green, got a 4wd ute to review so plan on using it a bit this weekend as well should be fun.

Hopefully I'll catch something this time last 4 times I've been for a fish I've come home empty handed.

There some really good gutters around "the hole in the wall" and you can get 4wd access not far from there. The long tail tuna are on the run, so if you can get a livey out there your a chance. If your looking to head to tea/hawks, Jimmy's beach is good for flathead, bream, whiting so is corrie creek on the slack tides especially around the short cut. Under the bridges there your a chance of Jew as well. Good luck!

Cheers scratchie!!!

There some really good gutters around "the hole in the wall" and you can get 4wd access not far from there. The long tail tuna are on the run, so if you can get a livey out there your a chance. If your looking to head to tea/hawks, Jimmy's beach is good for flathead, bream, whiting so is corrie creek on the slack tides especially around the short cut. Under the bridges there your a chance of Jew as well. Good luck!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks for tips mate last itme we fished up there about 12 months ago we got some nice fish around hole in the wall. will try jimmys again last time all we caught was a couple of small shovel noses

My mate goes up to tea gardens to target Jews. Don't know the spot or bait as he keeps it a secret haha but he pulls out pretty big dues up there. He uses some special squid that he won't tell me haha. Just fresh squid yakkas into deep holes and hopefully you will get one

Cheers Ethan

My mate goes up to tea gardens to target Jews. Don't know the spot or bait as he keeps it a secret haha but he pulls out pretty big dues up there. He uses some special squid that he won't tell me haha. Just fresh squid yakkas into deep holes and hopefully you will get one

Cheers Ethan

He might be having you on! Special squid???

Fresh squid would be my guess.

• 2 weeks later...

ended up only fishing for about 30min the sat night the surf was nasty as, i had to go early sunday but my mates stayed til sunday arvo but caught nothing.

thinking of taking my girls for a couple of hours over near the airport this friday night. also keen to find a good spot to take the kids squiding my youngest keeps bugging me about catching some squid.