Sacred Wednesdays off hacking yak session

Witha

G'day raiders!

Only have one day off a week with uni and work, so I've kept Wednesdays sacred for yak sessions :)

On a suggestion from a fellow raider I headed down to Dolans and launched from the boat ramp there, met a couple of nice blokes heading out in a tinny who used to yak and had a chat about my rig :)

Headed over towards burraneer and checked out the sand flats, such a healthy waterway! Love the water clarity and scenery it was pretty picturesque. ysa7udyg.jpg

Made sure to avoid the marine sanctuary and threw a few lures around, hoping for my first fish on bibbed HBs. I wasn't disappointed! Even though they were just squire they were there in aggressive plague proportions, lots of fun on light gear and my first on the troll from the yak aswel. The lure was huge compared to the little bugger!y3aqe3eg.jpgyjy2ypy9.jpg

Another one on the atomic hardz.

Cruised around with the tide, saw some jet skis being chastised by maritime and water cops, tried some poppers on the flats with no luck.avavu6yz.jpg

After that the tide was racing in so headed back into the little bay at dolans, that's when the fun started! Threw hawksbury prawns on my little 6lb 1-3kg 1000 sienna combo at the jetties and pontoons, managed a million squire and 3 fat bream, with the biggest going a chunky 35! So much fun on the light gear, and had something smoke me on my 10lb outift....would love to know what that was!jedahu4a.jpgedugequ5.jpg

Gotta get used to bagging fish in the yak. Dunked my little reel netting the big one and stripped it down for a full service last night. My first complete reel strip, having done everything but take the side covrr off before. Great learning experience, pretty happy with how my reel maintenance skills are Improving, regreased the drag as well which was fun.

4u9evava.jpgte5aje6y.jpg

All in all was a cracker day, released all the fish and managed to load the yak back on the car with slightly more style and finesse than previously. ..

Thanks for reading guys!

Next report to come this Wednesday :P

Cheers

Witha

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Edited by Witha

Nice to have met decent bloke. We were on the tiny...

We ended up with 5 squids range from 180grams to 900grams. Most squids were attacking our live bait.

Only 2 run all day, busted off on both times...

We fished near jibbons beach.

Nice to have met decent bloke. We were on the tiny...

Haha! Great to see the friendly blokes were raiders!

Unfortunate on the bustoffs mate! Love jibbons beach its a great place to be even if not catching much. Still a 900g squid is good work.

Hope to see you again!

Witha,

Have found that sometimes a large trevally will hang about the moorings and under jetties, in the 45 to 60cm range, and grab one of your lures or baits, then take off. The bigger they are, the faster they go.

Witha,

Have found that sometimes a large trevally will hang about the moorings and under jetties, in the 45 to 60cm range, and grab one of your lures or baits, then take off. The bigger they are, the faster they go.

Ahh that'd make sense, have tangled with 40cm version before and boy do they sprint. Looks like I need to be prepared for that! Thanks mate

Great stuff witha! Always good to get our in the yak and catch something! I enjoy fishing with hard bodies especially shallow areas and when chasing bass. With a light setup, you feel every movement and are just waiting for that hit. Well done on the fish too! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Great stuff witha! Always good to get our in the yak and catch something! I enjoy fishing with hard bodies especially shallow areas and when chasing bass. With a light setup, you feel every movement and are just waiting for that hit. Well done on the fish too! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks Scratchie! Yeah it's an awesome way to fish! Spent years looking at 'fishy' spots just out of reach of my landbased casts, now I can cruise around and enjoy the scenery too! Next session will hopefully be same spot but solely SPs and practicing my HBs on the same targets :)

Tremendous stuff Witha!

Well done on getting a few nice fish.

Congratulations on the yak and keep up the top work.

Ian

Thanks Chelub! Loving it so far! Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Stick with that flat when the tide is running.

There's a deep bit through the middle, go from there back to the northern end mid tide to the top and you will get some great flattys.

Dave

Thanks mate! Deep bit in the middle..hmm I'll have to find it next trip :)