Quick Fish LB MH 19/2

Bigfed

Managed to get out land based (as usual) in MH for a few hours this morning , first location not so successful: bit of a hike down a goat track, could see small fish luderick and bream milling about but no hits.

Saw a couple of smallish frigate mackerel zooming about slurping up micro bait just below surface.

Ended up snagged, breaking off, then retying; then got a phone call which turned in to a race back up the track to the car and a change of location (was getting a bit breezy anyhow and I kinda go off a place for the day when I snag up/break off).

A little while later at new location first cast on zman with a liberal smudge of factor hit in to this pretty flatty (small prob around 40cms but perfectly formed),

post-24907-0-73498200-1395223717_thumb.jpg

A few casts later and I cast at a slightly different angle over some broken ground and felt some small weight, thought it might be a bit of weed but as I wound in and lifted it turned out to be a baby Occy, cute thing: released its self and settled close to the waters edge only to be hassled by the bait fish.

The wind was always picking up, managed to get a few follows from Tailor and snagged one small one just over 20cms.

Then just as I was leaving for the car there was a big double splash - guessing it was a bigger frigate, apart from that no real surface action visible today for me, managed a few other touches and drops.

But overall happy to snare a variety of species.

Bigfed