Torn Between Two Lovers

robthefisherman

gotta go the orange mate....its the year 2000 and bright colours are our friends :biggrin2:

pags

64624[/snapback]

UMMMM OK????????

Isn;t it 2005? :wacko:

well orange seems to be popular, decisions decisions. That was my first choice until I found out how many orange ones seem to be running around althogh not many with the bumble bee stripes. May have a look at some of the new orange metalics for something a little different. Ford have a nice one on the current XR8

Mate get the Val going.

Just do a couple of thiings like put in a efi 440 , powerglide .............

Just think one day you can have a ball tearing val pulling the fishing boat.

But seriously i would finish off the car then get the boat.

Cheers

Lee

Guest Jocool

I never mentioned it before Rob, but my cousin has 3 of them. One is completey, but is topless, and he is restoring the other 2 the same. When they are all done, he is looking at doing weddings and shit. Its a good earner for a few hours work apparently.

I have another cousin into the XW/XY thing. He is also doing weddings and formals. Wants me to hurry and finish mine so that we can do them in convoys.

Mine is Candy Apple Red. Awesome colour of the XT range. It was dropped as an option on the XW and came back on the XA. I picked that colour 'cos a GT has to be red :074: But I didn't want the same red as everyone else. :thumbup:

I'll see if I can get some pics up for you later in the week.

I know the candy red Joe very nice colour, one of the reasons I bought the hardtop was to preserve one with the roof :074: So many of them have become covertibles.

I was actually looking for a centura at the time to drop in a hot 265 and I stumbled across the hardtop and for $2200 bucks I just couldn't pass her up considering with a decent coat of paint there pulling between 12 and 15k nowadays.

So I reckon if I spend 10 grand on her I still haven't overcapitalised on her and considering all the work will be done by myself and my nephew and I don't have to pay for labour I can't lose.

Problem is I know these things never stay to budget once you start there's always one more thing that needs to be done but thats cars I suppose

Guest Jocool

Problem is I know these things never stay to budget once you start there's always one more thing that needs to be done but thats cars I suppose

64713[/snapback]

And I'm here to help you spend..... :074::074:

My mate has a 360 raring to go. 40 thou over with 318 high comp heads. Has the entire motor, including manifolds and carby. It is good for over 500 ponies, and can be yours for the cheap cheap price of $3K! :thumbup::thumbup:

ohhh how I'd love a 360 but I'm gonna stick with the 318 for a while, she's a nice healthy motor just gonna do the heads to run uleaded 4 barrell manifold 600 holley cam and headers.

Main aim is to get her looking good again inside and out upgrade brakes and suspension and throw in a LSD that'll get me cruisin. I'm not looking at building her for strip duty although a 360 will probably find its way in down the track

Guest Jocool

Rob, let me know if you need anything for it mechanically. My mate is Mopar nutter...and he has bits sitting around everywhere. I'm sure that you will be able to haggle prices with him. :thumbup: