Lowrance Elite-7 HDI Combo

antonywardle

Lowrance Elite-7 HDI Combo is on sale

thinking of getting one

any one else got one and how it it? Im guessing that the price reduction

is because the newer models are out now/very soon?

Features & Benefits

• Fishfinder/Chartplotter combo
  • 7" 16-bit colour VGA SolarMax screen (800 x 400 pixels)
  • HDI Hybrid Dual Imaging (Broadband sounder plus DownScan imaging overlay)
  • Operating frequency 83/200 kHz + 455/800 kHz
  • Maximum depth of 305m
  • Included Navionics XL9 Gold Chart
  • Stores up to 3000 waypoints and 100 routes
  • TrackBack - record sonar history
  • Waterproof rating IPX7
  • Transducer included
Edited by Blood Knot

Hi, a can of worms, but as simple as it gets deeper water capabilities in 2D-all else being equal. Great prices on both versions at present and the best unit in this new price bracket.

Cheers,

Huey.

Yes, sure have mate and once you have used a modern colour combo unit with DI say like the Elite-7 you can not believe how even in a few years they have improved.

Cheers,

Huey.

Edited by Huey @ Huett Marine

I bought an Elite 7 about 5 months ago. Had a few problems with the sounder mysteriously losing depth but still displaying the bottom. Basically the support crew at Lowrance said that the auto settings can struggle a bit while you are moving at more than 15 knots or so all depending on whether you have just gone over a bait school or through some wash or whatever. They recommended selecting the appropriate depth in circumstances like this rather than using the auto settings. Aside from that the unit a dream to use and the big display helps r those of us who would otherwise need to put their specs on.

Hi Leo, yes mate if money is no object there are better units around-that is for sure, but comparing say the best 7 inch colour combo at present being the new Simrad NSS7 Evo 2 with structure scan at around $2,400 to the Elite-7 HDI at around $800 is not an apples to apples comparison.

I used an Elite-7 HDI the other day on a new rig going out and it was OK for what it costs.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi Leo,in what way? If sounder readings are not what you expected changing the frequency setting can help as can getting out of auto mode and adjusting manually. Also have you tried running the transducer at different height and angles because that does affect returns.

If you have tried all that and do not like it fair enough but in this price range this is about as good as it gets for a 2D and DI combo and that was my point about comparing this unit to ones further up the price scale.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi, yes I stock and sell Lowrance, as well as Simrad, Humminbird, Raymarine and Furuno-pretty much them all and as I say to people all the time, depending on budget one brand maybe better than another brand at a certain time. It is forever changing with marine electronics.

Cheers,

Huey.